Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Installed new door gaskets that I bought over 10 years ago for the 89. Hopefully it will not leak anymore. I installed the rear head liner trim that I picked up from the junk yard. One more thing off the list. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180822_130747_421.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1212850
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got the axle back in, took it for a gentle 4 mile test drive. Seems good, rear end sounds quiter maybe it was not gear noise maybe it was bearings in the eliminator?

JP ordered the steal for the box to go on the trailer. Should start on that next week.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Made a list and been chipping away at it. Cut off the old c-clip eliminator and pressed a new one on last night I froze the axle and baked the eliminator @ 200* for 90 mins. Went ttogether pretty smooth, fingers crossed it's correct.

Found a leaking brake cylinder, add that to the list!

Very far down on the list is recharge the A/C at some point it lost pressure. And it has been open sence I have done the swap. Tell me if you think my plan will work.

Assemble old stuff with new o-rings hook up the pump and see if it will hold a vacuum. If it does, flush it, install new drier, pull vacuum add freon?
    Last edited by Russell; August 17, 2018, 07:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I went to the habitat store and picked up a bearing oven. Axle has been in the freezer for a couple
    days. I think I will bake it @ 200* for an hour. Don't want toClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180814_130541_883.jpg Views:	1 Size:	897.3 KB ID:	1211960 melt the plastic inside
    Last edited by Russell; August 16, 2018, 04:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Oh yeah pic of the bits Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180808_224446_080.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	947.4 KB
ID:	1211404

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I did get it to move a little in the press. I put the whole deal in the deep freezer. Then hit the bearing with the propane torch. And it started to move. Then the axle flange hit the press frame. I couldn't find a good set of blocks to lift the arbor plats so I just cut it off. If the press was wide enough for the axle flange to pass through I think it would have worked. Summit is sending a new one.

I will freeze the axle again. I would like to warm the bearing but I am not sure I want to hit the new one with a torch (rubber seals) I thought about getting 100 watt light bulb and putting them in a card board box.

hopefully it will go on easily.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Got The Fox Out today! DW / track trailer, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180804_230223_073.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	558.9 KB
ID:	1210896
    Does this DW stand for drag week ?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Russell, sometimes I've had to heat the poo out of the retainer to get them to move. Then, it's a huge POP and off they go. I have the same sleezy bearing separator so I can relate.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I need to rebuild or replace a Moser c-clip eliminator tried to press it off seems like my cheap bearing separator is bending instead of separating. Do I have it set up right? Tips, tricks? Heat? Cold?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180805_230944_986.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1210989

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Got The Fox Out today! Got it inspected. Only have to do that 3 more times! After that I went to northern tool to pick up my DW / track trailer, b/c harborfreight is out of stock Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180804_230223_073.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	558.9 KB
ID:	1210896

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    We both just run a relay and on/off switch. I just turn it on and it runs all the time but you could use a coolant temp switch just as easily.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    How did you wire it?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Jonathan and I both run Chevy HHR fans. They move a ton of air and are very inexpensive.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    I think the hot ticket used to be junkyard sourced VW Jetta electric fans - if my memory is correct they fit the fox radiators well and moved a lot of air, and were way cheaper than the new ones.
    Have not heard of that one. I have a fan out of a V8 t-bird that looks like the mark viii fan that I picked up years ago. A lot of people like the taurus or contour fans. I am thinking about using the volvo fan controller, might get the volvo fan and see how it fits, some say the mark 8 fan draws to many amps for the volvo controler, others say they are fine. They say the t-bird and mark fans are different. I know they are physically interchangeable.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I think the hot ticket used to be junkyard sourced VW Jetta electric fans - if my memory is correct they fit the fox radiators well and moved a lot of air, and were way cheaper than the new ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X