Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Right now my having fun is driving to the track hot lapping it and driving it home. I do wish it was about a half second faster. I have a larger TB I may try, and I would like to get an electric fan. Those might be worth .2 - .3 if I am lucky?

3.5 years and it will be inspection exempt in NC then I would like to turbo it.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Russ - if this stuff was easy everyone could do it! The "having fun part" is the best, whatever that means for each one of us, is the right answer.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Lol, that's pretty good, I swapped everything from one car to another in the name of going faster, so far it runs about what the other one did.

more gear less motor but heavier duty rear. I like the looks of the coupe but I miss the hauling capacity of the hatch back.

I did a lot of work an so far have have not gone any faster.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post

I agree, it feels fast on the street even though it's not compaired to today's standards.

setting records is fun (don't see my self setting drag race records) winning races is pretty fun too.
    I set records all the time:

Most days alive
    Most days to get a car on the street
    Most involved trailer build
    Most parts wrongly bought

See, I'm a winner

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    faster is more fun
    I agree, it feels fast on the street even though it's not compaired to today's standards.

setting records is fun (don't see my self setting drag race records) winning races is pretty fun too.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    faster is more fun

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    That is the most consistent night I have ever had. Bracket racing can be real tight around here. .13 might not take the win, but with good draws it might go a round or two.

I am still trying to make it faster. I should just concentrate on making it consistent.

Leave a comment:

• AndyB
    replied
    Well heck, if you're going to be that consistent, enter a trophy bracket race and see how you manage!

That's good enough to go a whole bunch of rounds around here....
    Last edited by AndyB; July 31, 2018, 05:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Put the skinnies on Went to Roxboro Friday, made 9 passes, 7 went well one red light, and the one after that I didn't get rpm up enough. 7 passes between 8.92 and 9.05, 4 of them in the 8s.

The funny thing is all 3 in the left lane it runs 76 mph but all runs in the right were 78 mph (6 passes)

no personal best but I had fun, it was hot! So the weather may not have helped. DA was over 2600'
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Russell; July 30, 2018, 07:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Pulled the lid with the wing it made a great place to eat hotdogs at the track but as slow as the car is right now I felt it best to remove it until I cut 2-3 seconds off the 1/8 ET. Installed my red "LX" trunk lid. Then I removed the alt. And cut the bracket to clear the 3G.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I used the Porsche 2 step switch on Dick's Volvo although I eventually hooked both fans up to the lower temp switch. I can get that PN if you're interested. I got a replacement (turns out the original one was OK) at Advance though they did have to order it. The radiator guy made a T that goes in the upper radiator hose and the switch screws into the small fitting on the T.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Do you have to resize them? Seems like they will never load from my phone
    I resize them on my phone about 50%

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I took the alternator to the parts store and had it tested. It tested good! Got the lugs so the only thing left to buy is the wire loom.

The next project will be electric fan. I have a thunderbird fan that looks like the mark 8 fan that has been sitting in the barn for 8 years, wow time flies hopefully it's still good. I have heard some have good luck with the volvo controler and BMW 2 temp sensor. I found a simple write up. The only thing I an not sure about is there is no way to cut it off if the motor is hot. My idea would be add two switches to outputs of the temp sensor to manually control the fan.

Looking for a good cheap install. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    When I did the new Powermaster in the Volvo I went for the big wire which I got at Marine Warehouse. It wasn't TOO pricey and there was no question that it was the right stuff.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I picked up a mega fuse holder out Lincoln LS with a 175 amp fuse. I think the 3G alt. I have is a 95 amp (edit: its a 130 amp) so it should be good. I was looking through my stash and found and what I think was an stereo amp wire it's a scosche 5ga. it looks bigger than the stock wire that came with the 3G alt. Think it good enough or should I buy 4 ga. Wire as susgested?
    Last edited by Russell; July 30, 2018, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X