Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Got the back seat and driver's seat in.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    #becauseyouhavetohavecarpetforittobeastreetcar

And the lincoln has made me soft and I hope it takes some of the NVH out.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Picture?

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Picture?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I have not driven it to the grocery store yet but I did take it to Home Depot.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I suspect the staff at 3&Main would not approve! Still, it would be cool.......

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    That's cool, the latest idea I have for time kill is learn to tig. Either find a tech school that will let you hang out for the next 3 weeks or go buy a box and set it up in your room. I have a friend who learned how to tig in either the laundry room or the guest bed room, don't remember which. They don't throw sparks so you are un likely to burn the place down

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I'm pretty good at goofing off - darn good thing as I'm having plenty of opportunity to practice. I haven't looked into a car charity - good thought. I have another 3 weeks or so to kill. Fl. Proton is pretty good at finding us stuff to do and I take 'em up on most of it.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    That sounds like fun for about a week, is there a local car charity? Raleigh has one called wheel for hope. They repair donated cars for low income people. How much longer do you have. Or maybe you can find a "summer job" down there.

Glad to hear the treatments are painless.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I should go for sympathy (Oh, poor me) but the truth is that the hardest part is finding something to do the other 23 1/2 hrs. of the day. Absolutely NO side effects at all from the treatments but you have to be there so I have to be here. I miss my sweetie, Kingsford, and the shop.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    No worries, it really doesn't count until it gets at least a dozen time slips

Treatments going ok?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I forgot that - darn old age! And I have had a bit on my mind......

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; August 1, 2017, 08:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Dyin' to see how it runs with the Volvo engine. Low ones?

Dan
    It went down the track last year twice. The second and better pass was a 2.244, 9.227 @ 77.29, spinning the drag radials. It will have street tires the next time it goes to the track. So I am hoping for better but who knows? MPH might go up some?

Goal is to get to the track before the end of the month. A Friday evening or Sunday afternoon will most likely get approval.
    Last edited by Russell; August 1, 2017, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Dyin' to see how it runs with the Volvo engine. Low ones?

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Hey , it's a car again !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X