• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    banned fanned car.
    interesting banned f1 car.
    it won by 34 seconds... its only race.

I recently decided I did not want to go to electric fans.
    basically long hills, and days, and traffic jams.

the clutch fan is smart.
    It is beyond count..
    I stood in front of many airplanes of the airforce as they wound up.. from fighters, to cargo, to tankers, and even turbo props.
    I was on the tarmac when a c5 decided to blow one of its engines into pieces.

we create energy, and try to keep it in lke a squirrel keeps nuts.
    exhaust is only one energy to rid of.

the very casing of the fire needs to get aired.

the fan on the motor, it is more than a drag. In fact it is an oxymoron to think otherwise.
    it does nothing but xcreate power.

my dad has a backwards mechanic head.. he has complained of the big fan on his rigs kicking in.
    I know better, been at throttle myself.

you know the fine line down the middle, it always has a backwards. Rare, like lightning. Need to have an answer for both.

great vid by photonic induction.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 9, 2017, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    idiot!

food run. Lights are bright, in the night, deep in the heart of texas.
    Those new LED, seriously, they can reel in 40 years of GMC and fix them for 19.99.

So I am backing up to my spot at sam's club.
    A door swings wide open from the car parked diagonal in a handicap spot. I have great humility for this, think nothing of it.

my truck is 6 feet away mind you, an iron v8 that close rumbles the tin can they were in for sure... peircing LED backup lights, a whining noise form a straight cut reverse in a 12000 pound capable manual, needing a shot of gas to engage...

I figured she was blind and deaf, and most likely a mute.. So I waited.
    just sat there as I am in an 18 foot truck taking up an entire lane of sam's c lub.
    "Idiot." she says. A pirates male voice coming from a woman. I know extinct mainer when I encounter it... I say nothing.

Happy Day extinct pirates. No endangered list for you.

I am currently digging into my giant sam's club cinnamon bun.. all 4 pounds of one piece beautyness.
    there is more female in this sweet tasting, sweet odor, soft textured cake than the lady who called me an idiot.

anyway, like all the LED I declare a final version..here is the ebay link.

they are at 1032 sold as of this post.

Now it is just replace as needed. the new 1157 is a big win. I can keep the exact appearance of 1996 opaque (hardly found today).. and pass every inspection.

8 watts versus 30+...and no bleed ever, near waterproof, and cooler. I call them healthier as well, but I have a tungsten attack only Area 51 engineers could explain.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 7, 2017, 08:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    more LED lessons.

got the new lights in, brightest I have ever seen coming through those old opaque lenses. I don't mean just my truck..any truck with these same lenses. always hurting for brightness.

quick summary..

#1 generation (dating pre 2007), #2 generation is 2007. that is the top bulb in photo. they used the least energy..and the brightness was very dim, I'd call them illegal int he wrong spot. I could not see them in the daylight.

so, swapped them out for the 4th version.
    I found they are 8 watts fully lit..
    this means 4 or 5 watts a piece for parking. 20watts nominal runtime.
    factory was 30watts per pussing bleeding light bulb. (15x4) 60 watts nominal runtime.
    the new bulbs are 150 lumen brighter than the orignal amber.

living the evolution of these.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	oldled.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	1153058

my old bulb was the top one.
    this truck has four going across the front..those old crossbleeding 1157.
    LED is miraculous.

factory hot bulb is 400 lumen. 30watts a piece.
    the new 5630 is 550 lumen, and I could only decipher through mili-amps.. but it is still 3+ times less power used than factory.
    The ones I just swapped used 8 times less..lumen was way way down, like 120.
    so new stuff, it is noticable on the switch, but no where near factory roasters at all.
    easy going.

smartest non-helped LED yet. Just plug them in...and they look genuine amber, not the pale yellow I had in it.
    Still bleeding down for hazards on, dash lights off.. it grabs a few of them by dash indicator lights blinking. This shows it certainly uses more power.
    it may bleed down,might not..no biggie. Small thing to notice.
    It is impressive for what they give...3 times less than factory power suck...and much noticably brighter.

this time of year is also a surge on my vehicles, I keep my nostrils clear to get some odors of any potential spring moisture/warmth problems.

Truck is aced. no problems at all.

Now the four parking up front, all fixed. Bright any time of day.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 7, 2017, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    like a dream!

found a good deal.
    Won't be long, at this pace... finding the giants of the 96-99 generation in my poverty realm. Click image for larger version

Name:	00101_84QBAtz86p_1200x900.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1152367

nv4500, 4x4, k3500..
    6.5 diesel.
    $4500.. recent sticker.

just what I keep an eye for.

Meanwhile, I am loving what i got. Tried some 4x4 mode today,unplanned. A lot off the highway looked like a spot to to take a break. On top of some winter snow with an april sun layer on top.
    sliding and breaking through a shallow soft spots to the mud that will come.
    very clean.

New earth grounds in place... what a great spot to make changes just by driving on it.
    I changed a butt ton of amperes. Way down.. at least 60 nominal.

Virgin clean snow in the april sun.
    Even the cat starts smelling good.

I did notice in the never ending breeze today, this truck acts like one more than it ever has. Doesn't respond to sideways wind much. i simply compare it to other vehicles getting pounced around out there on the highway. Not sure what made a tank out of it in the past months.
    I set some camber last year... but the iridium plugs sure seem like the invisible physics winner.
    my old plugs had a big gap, beyond factory.. I only guess the engine bay was heat soaking, sucking on all wind from all directions. Very content now.

with that said, looking back at lights on today.. parking lights up front are so dim, I can not see that they are on,until the samsung extra bright 194 (heatsinked) in the corners reveals it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1157brt.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	1152370

so, I am going for the "10 times brighter" than what I've got..all four of them.
    The only review I read for 1022 being sold was recent. A guy did this for his honda accord. That is a tiny blinker.
    Not as troubled as the old BOP opaque lenses this gmc has (for some odd reason - it is the only one I have ever seen with it. I assume a special edition gmc ). So I simply went ahead to save 10% more and use up my 1.42 in ebay bucks.

blinkers should be fixed.

so parking will be bright, and the 194 corners. I won't need to keep parking lights on in the day to show bright blinkers anymore.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 2, 2017, 07:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    fan conversion part 2

I changed my mind.
    keeping the factory fan.

I learned the screamer in the cold random, is "ground up" (maine loses 60 hertz into random attacks on steel objects)
    the clutch fan saves it by demanding wind.. fake heat is the hertz of big juice form an external source.

I even keep a direct fan on my 1.8 subaru for that reason.

heading south.. about new york / new jersey.. that line all the way across usa...
    I'd go electric for sure.

thinking of other mods.

there is none as of now.
    I was going to go all metal radiator for extreme road twisting ,as the plastic side tanks can lose a seat temporarily in the seals..
    energy suspension cab mounts has it quite content.
    going to leave that alone too.

Still thinking...

high flow cat is still a good choice.. and then again iridium spark plugs stopped a nasty local monster. Cat is doing just fine now.

I guess I'll go on as a maytag repair man of my gmc for a time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X