71 Pontiac GT-37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71 Pontiac GT-37

Picked her up under the cloak of darkness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71.5 GT37.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	856.3 KB
ID:	1006974
    Last edited by G-Motive; June 11, 2015, 08:37 AM.

Nice!
    Robert

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

Where's the holes? Someone stole the holes! (My MI roots are showing). What's it getting for power?

Dan

Comment

Did you rob Todd while he was sleeping?
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Therein is the compromise. If you had gone more compression and more cam it would be harrier... and now you have a car you want to put it in and cage it because it's too much for the Formula but will leave you going 'Damn, I shoulda done the compression and cam"

It's good to be able to go 'damn' ... that is a good looking shell. There wer a couple running around here and they got ignored compared to the Goat. They've gotten some ink over the years but not a lot. The ones I saw had 350's i think, which would have been a good answer for the insurance guys. They were catching on pretty quick to bogus low hp numbers and small cars with big motors.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

they look good with snowflakes and T/A blue...

I can live without the Endura of the GTO's... that's a pretty car. Lemme know before you sell it. grin.

Comment

Getting a 3 pedal car is rare indeed! A former co-worker had one that he switched back and forth between a '70 and a '71 (he had 2 front ends). There was some difference in NHRA classes at that time. Pretty sure it was a GT-37 though he ran a 455 in the classes he ran.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by G-Motive
                The cars worthy of a restoration but I really bought it because I wanted something with a full frame that I could cage. The original plan was to gut the interior and black it out. The idea of being a copy cat doesn't thrill me (big chief) but this is what popped up on craigslist and it was cheap.
                Regardless of how you move forward it's a nice project and something different -- certainly not cookie cutter. More years ago than I care to remember my teeny-bopper GF's older brother had a 71, he wanted the GTO but a GT-37 better fit his pocket book. Sadly, over the course of a few northern winters the rusties ate it alive -- you dun good scorring this one! Good luck and enjoy.
                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I think Todd took a fiberglass mold of a good one, might hit him up.

Comment

Well, shoot.......

Dan

Comment

I also think the T-37 was one of those 350 powered cars like the Olds Rocket 350 Cutlass that were designed for lower insurance rates. Not being a 400 or 455 dropped the insurance rates for young drivers.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The car is looking good. That little deterioration in the cowl is easily fixed with the fender off. Do they make a panel or do you have to fake it? I know crap commonly packs in there so it seems like someone (maybe Sherman?) might make a patch.

Dan
                        Last edited by DanStokes; February 14, 2015, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks Dan. Being that area is hidden I'm just going to mig some sheet metal in and call it good. I'm poorer than the average poor man at the moment.
                          Last edited by G-Motive; February 16, 2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Looks like the other side'll need a small patch, too, no biggie. Right now I'm screwing around with the drivers door. Both doors were pretty beat up and just dangling with a couple bolts holding them in. Also have a fairly healthy sized black widow living in the frame, I've caught her out twice now but she's quick. Her days are numbered.
                            Last edited by G-Motive; February 18, 2015, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X