The Helvedere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Helvedere

I've got a 64 Belvedere 2 Door Hardtop, that I bought down in Mass last summer. Wanna put a set of wheels on it. Anyone if a 15x8 will go under the stock wheel wells? I was thinking if going 275/60-15 BFG on the back and maybe 205-215's on the front.....She's a beater but has a big block and can be driven daily....I'd post some pics if I could figure out how to get them under 128 KB!!!

Re: The Helvedere

Just put the pics on Photobucket and link them up.....I want to see this beast.

What are the measurements of the wheelwells? Width from Wheel lip to inner fender cover?

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Me too............I love the 62-65 Mopar Superstock & Wedge style cars.....if I had the extra cash I would love to build one.........
      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Gonna order some wheels and drive it while I collect parts. Here is a link to a couple of pics. Let me know if it works. Never used photobucket before.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Sweet car :o.......I like it the way it is.....if it were me I would just put wider steelies on the back & keep the caps.......but you go right ahead & do what reflects your style......again congrats on a great find....Im so jealous....... :D
          That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

i love those cars - the thing looks fantastic as it is!

wow - great find.

Have a blast with that car
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10
              Sweet car :o.......I like it the way it is.....if it were me I would just put wider steelies on the back & keep the caps.......but you go right ahead & do what reflects your style......again congrats on a great find....Im so jealous....... :D

I second the motion. But.... you car... your dough.
              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

I drove my numbers matching 69 Dart Swinger for 8 years with it's original steelies and hubcaps. I sold it dirt cheap to pay fer this heap because I like this body style better. Think I want to dress this one up a bit. I'm gonna put the sport Fury buckets and console in it because the interior is toast, and I love the look of the original console and shifter. I'm going to chuck a set of Summit Stars on it with 275's on the back and a proper max wedge style double hump scoop. I'm slowly gathering parts as I go. If anyone knows where I can get some decent original belvedere door panels let me know will ya....

P.S. the Dart ran 12's and looked like a slant six car. That 340 is one awesome little motor!! Rev's like a chainsaw!

Comment

I like!! Im a fan of those as well as the Swingers.I seriously thought about selling my 68 RR to get the gold 65 Belvedere but I snoozed.

Comment

8s should go under the back, if they have enough rearspacing. I would suspect that you would need 4.5 - 5". On the front, with the narrower tire size you mention, I assume that you are going to run 6 or 7" wheels.

We need pics!! Love that 64 body style.

cheers
                    Ed N.
                    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                    X