1968 mustang-first project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 mustang-first project

thought id share my project car, a 68 mustang coupe. This car was a complete basket case when I got it, and 1100 bucks later its not so bad, still needs alot though. I'll post more pictures tonight

Welcome to the craziness! Most of us are semi-literate and need MORE PICS!!!!!!!

DAN

Comment

i dont have many on my school laptop, but heres the rest of what i have

Comment

No fear of rust that's for sure. If you have any questions there's plenty of guys here that can help so don't be afraid to ask.

Comment

Flintstone special I see. Do yourself a favor, install convertible inner rocker panels and convertible seat pan. This will stiffen the unibody up quite a bit.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

With the camera in hand, step back 10 feet or so and give us an overall shot of the whole car. We want to fall in love with it like you did!

That's a big project but do-able. I've done them and I assure you you'll learn a TON. The feeling when you look back at it all done is unbelieveable. I remember parking my MGB (that I brought back from a rust total) and every time I'd get 20 or 30 feet from it in a parking lot and I'd turn and look at it and get the biggest $#it-eatin' grin. It still makes my tail wag and that was in the late 70's.

Dan

Comment

haha yeah, ive done floors, torqueboxes, front frames, quarter panel, and alot of sanding. right now im doing a five lug conversion to the front so its all apart.

Comment

Nice Project. Alden, IA. I have been Down that way for the Cruise to the woods, have you have been to that show? Some pretty nice cars. Welcome aboard.
                Jeff
                Follow My Build

Comment

no I have not,I plan on trying to be done with the car and make it this year

Comment

alright so over spring break we finally got to roller status! did ALOT of sanding, roof, pass. quarter, door, trunk, and front fenders are ready for primer, interior is stripped, and Im priming the engine bay as I go.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 3.18.12 PM.png
Views:	58
Size:	659.1 KB
ID:	1018303

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 3.26.38 PM.png
Views:	56
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	1018304This is how i found her.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 3.17.53 PM.png
Views:	58
Size:	663.2 KB
ID:	1018305ALOT of sanding and trying to pull small dents, had been lightly hit in the Right rear at one time, enough to wrinkle the quarter.

will post Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 7.23.50 PM.png
Views:	56
Size:	764.7 KB
ID:	1018306

Comment

What are you planning to use for power?

Comment

i want a 390 but I think probably a 302

Comment

A 351w would give you a few more cubes and still drop in like butter.

Comment

There are LOTS of FEs out there. I say "Go for it!!".

Dan

Comment

thanks guys, I'm building a console for it in my shop class, probably will upload some pics of that later

Comment

Working...
                              X