No announcement yet.

Adopt a Whale 1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will check SPID when I can. Trying to get a mechanical fuel pump on my truck and having a bear of a time. Just drove Caprice to Denver and back with a fully loaded 12' trailer and came back through Loveland Pass. Handled great but lost fuel pump on top of Deadman's Pass near Pendleton, Oregon.
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

Aptly named? ..

Comment

Just a little! I need to get my OBD1 program straightened out. It threw a SES light the other day and I realized after messing around with it for a while that I didn't have the software set up right for it. Its really making me want to get into EFI tuning.
        Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
        1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
        1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Look around the Cleveland area for a BBO, toss the current computer and all attached to it, go with aftermarket EFI on the BBO. From what I understand, the boxes and bubbles use the same frame & running gear...my BBO dropped in like it was made for it. And I am OCD about keeping track of part numbers in case something has to be replaced later I don't have to do the research/guess again.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

If you decide to go with a BBO give me a shout. I have three and one car for them. I might consider thinning the heard.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Yup, floor pans should be same too. I do have a 700R4 which if I go BBO would be swapped with either a 4L80 or a built 200-4R.
              Stew K.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
                I will check SPID when I can. Trying to get a mechanical fuel pump on my truck and having a bear of a time. Just drove Caprice to Denver and back with a fully loaded 12' trailer and came back through Loveland Pass. Handled great but lost fuel pump on top of Deadman's Pass near Pendleton, Oregon.
                Meant to post this before. Fuel pump went right at top of pass coming back from Denver.Click image for larger version

Name:	mmIMG_7752.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	1025736

Comment

My starter went out last week, I ordered a set of very thin wrenches that just got in today. Not having a bench vise and thinking if I did just get a cheap 18mm and cut it, I thought this was my only option until my friend said something about just using a c-clamp to the bench in the garage. Oh well new tools, I'll have her back on the road tomorrow.
                  Stew K.

Comment

Two weeks ago I fixed a computer for someone who was in a bind. He didn't have any money and I didn't ask for any or expect it. Told him I was going to stop by Harbor Freight on the way home so I could pick up a cheap set of large wrenches to pull nut off Q-Jet fuel filter inlet. He gave me a 17 wrench set of black oxide Armstrong wrenches all the way up to 1-1/4". Never heard of them before but they seemed high quality and had light surface rust, I looked them up later and saw that set was going for about $700 dollars or so. Score!

Comment

Armstrong is (or at least was) great stuff. You used to see it in lots of older guys' tool boxes.

Dan

Comment

That's a name not seen in AGES! Does this show how old I am?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          That's a name not seen in AGES! Does this show how old I am?
                          They will sure come in handy when I start on my front end suspension, I sprayed them with oil fog and low temp heat like I would a cast iron pot to season it. Look like brand new set now.

Comment

You sir, have made out like a bandit.

Starter is out, I got a reman and while I was on the way home it started to rain. It'll be running on Monday.
                            Stew K.

Comment

Starter wasn't the problem, loose battery connection at the starter wasn't letting enough current to flow to turn it over. Posi seems to be worn.
                              Stew K.

Comment

Add new clutches.. Save one thin shim to make it more positive..
                                Be sure to use additive if needed!

Comment

Working...
                                X