No announcement yet.

Adopt a Whale 1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't driven mine since November, or even started it. Brakes are going out in Subaru, so will fire up Caprice tomorrow, wash it and drive it to Seattle next week to give it a mini road trip.
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

I should specify, after replacing the starter with a reman and going up to my hometown for my grandmother's funeral, the car would not start on the morning of the funeral. I had it towed the 175 or so miles from my dad's to my house and it sat for a while when I was either too busy, or the weather wasn't cooperating to work on it. Today while getting ready to drop the remain starter and take it to the parts store for warranty, I noticed that the battery cable wasn't tightened all the way. After that I reconnected the battery and it fired right up. I cleaned up my tools, got it off of my ramps and went for a drive. I'm glad I don't have to go through the warranty process, but pissed I didn't even check to see if that connection was the problem.
      Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
      1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
      1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Took it to a cruise-in tonight and found the perfect spot to park it.

Next to a '93 Roadmaster Wagon WB4 wood delete in Light Adriatic Blue Metallic.
        Stew K.

Comment

Taking mine on a long road trip to AZ in the morning. Going to pick up another OHC-6 I have to bring my engine hoist so will bring it home my small 7' trailer. I could end up with a bunch of suspension , brakes and,another radiator plus and trans, so going prepared. :-)

Comment

Nice, how is your trip going so far?
            Stew K.

Comment

Had a very strange oil problem on the way down; It sucked almost 2 gallons of oil. Couldn't find where it was going. Exhaust was dry, no water in oil, no smoke out of tailpipe. I was plenty worried because I bought 2 engines, 2 manual trans and clutch setups and such. Rented a U-Haul 9' and thought I might have to leave car and come home and get my truck. Spent the night in Fallon NV and went over car in detail next morning. Couldn't find anything wrong, so headed north to Dufur, Oregon and the Goat Herder GTO and filled that trailer up. No more problems. I have no idea what had caused it. Car is running fine. Still unloading trailer.

Comment

My flatbed's 2nd motor did that, heavy load or throttling hard, quart every half tank.. No heavy loads or "playing" oil level never moved..
                Never found any drips or exhaust oil..
                Last edited by Deaf Bob; June 6, 2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Kind of takes the fun out of road trips to find good junk and bring it home.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
                    Kind of takes the fun out of road trips to find good junk and bring it home.
                    For sure, gotta haul a stash of quarts...

Comment

Olds doesn't seem to use oil, Neither does my DD Trailblazer. I need to change the oil on the TB, 7 quarts of 5W30 full synthetic for the 4.2 and I change it about 7500 miles, still pretty clean. I have had engines that use coolant though, My S10 was bad on that, the real fix for that one was to pull the anemic 2.2 and put in a 350.
                      Stew K.

Comment

I had A 58 Biscayne with the 348 in it. That thing ate head gaskets for breakfast. Sold it, Month later blew another gasket. I bought it back, fixed it, a few months later, blew again and finally fixed it and sold it to someone I didn't know.

Comment

My late grandfather was fond of the 348, he bought a Impala convertible new 348 3x2 with a 3 speed.
                          Stew K.

Comment

some of my fondest memories took place in that car :-)

Comment

I have fond memories from a Cavalier coupe, wagons are much more comfortable. Can even look up and see the stars through the Vista roof.
                              Stew K.

Comment

I found a BB Vista Wagon awhile back. Title was too much trouble so I passed on it, but $800 for a big block High Compression was a good deal. No place to put it.

Comment

Working...
                                X