Bamfster Camaro Project ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bamfster Camaro Project ...

Great that you are driving it that much and enjoying it and that's damned good fuel economy!

I would lean toward good quality driving lights in a location you could easily hide or install and remove after this part of the vehicles life is over.

Remember brighter bulbs in the stock headlight position may draw more amps and put your factory wiring at risk....
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
      Great that you are driving it that much and enjoying it and that's damned good fuel economy!

I would lean toward good quality driving lights in a location you could easily hide or install and remove after this part of the vehicles life is over.

Remember brighter bulbs in the stock headlight position may draw more amps and put your factory wiring at risk....
      ONE WORD RELAY

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
        On the brakes, the kits in the summit catalog and on ebay get pretty cheap, like within $100 of what people want on ebay for stock stuff. Or at least the last time I looked. The stock disc brakes on my '69 Firebird worked real good.

For a recap.

What's the cam spec's?
        Trans was a 700r4 right?
        Diff ratio?
        Tire size?
        What carb are you running?
        Cam is an Edelbrock performer...204/214 @ .050 and .422/.442 lift iirc ....and 1.6 rockers
        700r4 w/ 3.73s
        26" tall tire
        and a Holley 600 vac sec carb

Brakes are manual drums all the way around ...

As far as the headlights go, my thought was to add some driving lights behind the front air dam/spoiler. It's a repro anyway, so punching holes in it is not a big deal to me (besides, I hit a road gator last week and cracked it). Of course I need to adjust the head lights correctly too....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Here is an option if you can come up with a doner corvette
          C5/C6 conversion bracket setLaser cut steelInstalls with stock hardwareNo spindle modification required
          Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Originally posted by 91CCFirebird
            Here is an option if you can come up with a doner corvette
            C5/C6 conversion bracket setLaser cut steelInstalls with stock hardwareNo spindle modification required
            I like that kit ....

Another one I found was this one, probably a little less expensive in the long run:

Scarebird Classic Brakes LLC offers quality conversion brackets that require no spindle modifications, and use quality, inexpensive off-the-shelf parts available from your local NAPA or Autozone - and through discount internet suppliers such as RockAuto.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
              I hit a road gator last week ...
              Dan, what the heck is a road gator ?
              I'm guessing some type of large lizard ....
              ???

Comment

Actually Steve, its when the 18 wheelers have their tires come apart and you get that 2' long piece of tire tread laying in the middle of the highway.

Comment

retread torpedoes.... they're out on I94 all over the place... amazing the amount of damage big rigs do to the rest of our cars with no possible hope of any retribution.

I especially like being trapped behind a gravel hauler going over a few bumps.... bye bye windshield, hello paint chips.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

If I go the Scarebird route, all of the other parts needed to complete it will set me back about a buck sixty thru RockAuto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                      If I go the Scarebird route, all of the other parts needed to complete it will set me back about a buck sixty thru RockAuto.
                      s-10 brakes(front disc) work on your drum spindle. go to team chevelle and look it up for the velle.
                      you'll only need the correct races and bearings and the custom calp mount. that bolts on to your drum spindle..
                      rear disc are a b body taxi away

Comment

Working...
                      X