Red Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Truck

We have been changing vehicles. I sold the ranger. Jennifer wanted something smaller than the Suburban so we picked up a Trailblazer. Sold the suburban. I was going through truck withdraw so we got this yesterday.

It is a 2003 Chevy 2500hd 6.0 auto 4wd extended cab long bed. Its got mud tires that are warn funny and they are loud so they have to go. They are one size larger than stock i texted a guy about a stock size AT i think irs for the best but i bet they will look small. It also have some sort of glass packs. I think i am not going to like them. Is there some way to tell if someone has turned up the torsion bars? It has a small (I think OEM) lift block in the back I wonder if it will sit level if I take it out? Is there anything wrong with the leaf directly on the axle? Has anyone tried one of those smart phone wheel alignment tools?
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Stock tire is 245 they look redicululy tiny. The HDs also fave a factory 3" or so "body" lift (they are just on a 1 ton frame which is taller then a 3/4 ton frame)

I have 265 tires on mine going to go to 285 but before I do need to level the front by cranking the torsion bars as 265 is the widest you can go with out taking out the front bumper
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

The front end on the 3/4-1 ton chevys were low from the factory. The leveling key/kit is cheap for them. Put one in and replace the torsion bars at the same time. It will help the ride tremendously. I did it on the avalanche 2500 with the 8.1 in it. Night and day difference.

Alignment... use a tape measure and a level. get it close and take it to Ryan at auto specialty's so he can tell you how far off you are (verrrrry far like how did you drive this thing here off) At least that's my procedure.

Steve
      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

I was thinking if I take the blocks out of the back and bring it down so the 245s don't look so tiny. Will the front be high? If so can I lower the front to make it level. The back is up some now.

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

the blocks are at most an 1"

it would not lower the rear enough to look right as the front looks goofy as well
          Click image for larger version

Name:	56196167.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	1037293

i just have 265s on mine just street radials

Last edited by Mater; June 4, 2015, 11:56 AM.
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I will have to measure it but I am guess its closer to 2 inches.

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Nice looking truck! Yah, I have to agree those tires look puny. That should have a trailer just fine. Good luck with it.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Got my tiny (OEM size) CL tires for 225 guy knocked off 25 with out me asking because they had a 2012 born on date. There is a used tire place up the road that put them on for me for 60. They required less lead than the old tires had on. I think the biggest is a 1.75.

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

New(er) tires are much better no more mud tire rore! Its hard to believe that they ever have a repeat customer on those things. I kept the old tires through them on CL this afternoon sold them for $50 tonight! I get a lot of pleasure from turning something I was going to get ride of into cash. $235 for a set of like new E load range is not bad
                  Last edited by Russell; June 6, 2015, 05:55 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Jennifer said she had to go to Lowe's this morning so she was taking the truck, she call me this afternoon and said we have to get mufflers That's what I said after I drove it home. I told her if she wanted to take it to the muffler shop be my guest, or I will work on it later. Any suggestions on mufflers? Part of me wants to go to the junk yard and see if I can find one the are about $15 there.

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Flowbastids!

I had good luck with the cheapo Summit turbos, but they are pretty quiet even with long tube headers. I'd probably be willing to try their fully welded ones. Then again, I might look at Craigslist for late model Camchargestang take-offs.

oh ... Hey! I hear turbochargers make good mufflers.
                      Last edited by Beagle; June 8, 2015, 03:39 PM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

No flows...! I am ready To ride in quite comfort. I am willing to bet it has 4.10 gears it was turning about. 2800 on the interstate the other day.

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

well, hell... getting old, huh? You know, flows on an LS motor with an H-pipe, it oughtta sound kind of like a 5.0 ! lol.

What does the truck have for pipes? 2.5's?
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Yeah I am hopping to get the flows off the mustang as well. Oh I do like the turbo idea. I don't have.... to make it happen on the truck. Maybe the mustang someday. Not sure what what size the pipes are 2.5 is about right.

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

you would not want what i have on mine

my ears bleed when i drive it above 60mph LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X