74 NovaMan's 1992 Camaro RS Convertible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 74 NovaMan's 1992 Camaro RS Convertible

Changed the oil last night and swapped out the radio (stole the one from the truck project). The radio was shutting itself off and clearing all the presets. Hopefully it was the radio and not a wiring issue. I'm sure time will tell.

I had been hearing something loose in the drivers door recently and decided to check it out before hitting the road. Apparently, the window motor had been replaced before we got the car and whoever did it did not use very good hardware:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0535.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1162193

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0536.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1162194

The factory uses rivets where you see the pan head bolts. One bolt was completely out, another was missing the nut, and the two remaining were loose. This also explained the jerky window operation we were experiencing.
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project

Comment

We got some new hardware and installed the bolts head side towards the regulator/motor and used lock washers. Once everything was tight we ground the bolts off flush with the nuts. Access to everything was pretty crappy so it took the better part of 2 hours start to finish. I was too tired to take any after pictures.

It only took an hour to replace the motor on the passenger side because we did it differently. - see post 50-51
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project

Comment

Happy motoring, see you in KC Friday
        nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Good to see you, Mr. head!

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X