No announcement yet.

74 NovaMan's 1992 Camaro RS Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like you guys had FUN! Great for you to have adventures with the car. That's why I go to ECTA meets (Mutt is THAT KIND of truck).

Dan

Comment

• Great pics ! Made my winter 15 min shorter !
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Looks like a whole lot of fun. Great pix.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Thanks Chris (& Teresa), the only thing missing is the coronation of the "Busted Knuckle Award"
          nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• Glad you all enjoyed the pics.

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
            Thanks Chris (& Teresa), the only thing missing is the coronation of the "Busted Knuckle Award"
            I did miss that. Sadly, I have no pics of the ceremony. I do have this one of the morning after of you and Bob's dad headed home:
            . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8891.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	1142696
            Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 18, 2017, 07:28 AM.
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Thanks a bunch for posting the pictures so I could be there vicariously. I would love to go on a Power Tour one of these days. Lately there's been too much going on at home.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Hey Chris got a buddy down here that is bringing me a stock steel wheel for a spare for my son's S10 and he was telling me he had two wheels from a 88-87 IROC and did I need them, of course I don't but instantly thought of you. Don't know if there the same as on your car are if it's something you'd want? They are 16's, anyhoo just thought I would throw it out there for you are anybody else following your thread. Hope to see you on HRPT.
                Pm me if your interested.
                Last edited by corvettedad; January 25, 2017, 10:23 PM.
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                  Hey Chris got a buddy down here that is bringing me a stock steel wheel for a spare for my son's S10 and he was telling me he had two wheels from a 88-87 IROC and did I need them, of course I don't but instantly thought of you. Don't know if there the same as on your car are if it's something you'd want? They are 16's, anyhoo just thought I would throw it out there for you are anybody else following your thread. Hope to see you on HRPT.
                  Pm me if your interested.
                  Thanks for thinking of me. I believe they are different and shipping would be a killer so I'll pass. We are thinking of getting ours redone and painting the grey parts purple. Like this only purple:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camaro-1991.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	1142923

74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Thanks for thinking of me. I believe they are different and shipping would be a killer so I'll pass. We are thinking of getting ours redone and painting the grey parts purple. Like this only purple:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1142923[/ATTACH]
                    That's sounds cool. Hey us BS brothers and sisters got to stick together, never know when one of us might run across that one mystical high dollar part that someone has been scrounging the salvage yards trying to find and not know it!!
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• We got the Camaro out of storage on March 31st this year. It was apparently, drive a cool car to work day:

Name:	IMG_0136.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	1154496

Went for a nice long drive and out to lunch on Saturday the 1st. It must have been a little chilly for William as he wanted to go for a "blue" car (Nova) ride on Sunday.

Name:	IMG_0139.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	1154497
                      74 Nova Project
                      66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• The Camaro is at a local shop now getting the AC fixed and an alignment. We are converting to 134a. It's very strange to think that someone else is working on it. Hoping to pick it up tonight.
                        74 Nova Project
                        66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• I know what you mean about having others work on your stuff. As I get older I'm having to get used to that. Truck is at my buddy Dave's shop as I write this, getting his oil and filter and fuel filters changed - he can do it cheaper than I can and besides my shop is full. Still, it feels weird.

Dan

Comment

• Ditto . Miss Paula's trailblazer is in the shop getting a shift cable. Went on youtube to see what all was involved . Still elected to give it a try. Removed to console ........that was an hour . anyway the same shop that rebuilt the tranny a year ago said they would do it for $240 . A $100 more than the cable . Your hired !
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• The Camaro made it home fine. The AC works when its 60 degrees outside. We'll see how well it works when we get some real heat this summer. It was under $300 for the retrofit kit, new dryer, r134a and labor. I should have done it last year before Power Tour.
                              74 Nova Project
                              66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• We got the Camaro cleaned up this weekend for this years Power Tour. Still need to change oil and check a few thing before we leave. I did pull this nasty stuff out of the master cylinder reservoir though. We should probably do a fluid flush when we get back.

Name:	IMG_0484.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1161807

Name:	IMG_0485.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1161808
                                74 Nova Project
                                66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                                X