She's sending you to camp.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      She's sending you to camp.

Dan
      Why do you ask, Fruit Of The Loom?

(old joke from MAD)
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Or an insitution....

Comment

Fruit Of The Loom...

(old joke from MAD)
          A gay weaver.

Comment

Would you post a picture please. I would love to buy a Vette like yours to tinker with.

Comment

Sorry didn't check back in . Ive been working on my two daughters stuff . I'll try and put up a pic or two .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Hereis a few in no order . You can see it used to have a cheap looking ground effects kit .Front part was long gone. Then the one showing the drivers side shows the big chip missing from the hood / fender . Then one of the passenger with the ground effects gone . To affex them on the had to remove the rockers which cost me 120 . I think it looks muscular and curvy with them off
                  Last edited by Dan Barlow; September 13, 2016, 08:11 PM.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Weren't those kits just put on with, more or less, double sided tape?
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The one under the door , they take out the sheat metalish looking screws that hold the rock panels on , remove the panels and bolt on the ground effects. The part behind the rear tires had two screws going through the body and a few going into factory holes that go through the inner fender liners. I was fortune to find my rockers on ebay about half the going rate and they were already red . If they had of been Geenwood stuff I would have left it on except for that too wide rear wing .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Well , as most of you know , this vette got tagged in the driver door at a slow speed of me going 30 and someone pulling out of another lane ,tagging me at about a 45° angle .This made cracks from the door all the way around to the other quarter panel on the other side . I bought it with a good chip missing from the left fron fender /hood . I just got the hood but we arent going to be doing any body work for awhile . Seems my youngest son severely over heated it ( 290° ) . Kind of sad as I let him have it for 500 and his beat up exterior and worn out interior GTA as I am tired of working on it and wanted him to have a dependable car as I have now bought Blue 92 (another vette ). Now it has a blown head gasket at best or a cracked or warped head or two . So , here we go taking the tuned port intake off. There will also be some pics of the damage to the body .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Alright , after taking the heads off, it dawned on me , I've got to be able to torque these heads down once the heads get repaired or replaced. ( the short block is still in the car ) I had to use all manner of combination of 3/8 drives and thumb/index finger ratchets and cheater pipes on the really to small for the job 3/8 drive ratchet . Anyone ever do this on a C4 vette . Also it looks near impossible to get to the bell housing bolts even with the heads off with all the wiring harness and other stuff around the bolts. Can the motor be dropped out the bottom?
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

best advice I could locate:http://www.c4vetteregistry.com/vrfor...-motor/480856/
                                Last edited by silver_bullet; August 4, 2016, 06:08 PM.
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X