$2750 Vette 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2750 Vette 1987

While I think we are coming on the 1 year anniversary of the $2750 Vette , life has gotten in the way alot . There probably won't be alot of activity here because I'll still have alot of other things that will take precedence of my money but out of the box, the car always has been drivable . This will kind of help me keep track of what I've done and spent.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

When I drove it home it didn't have a mass air flow sensor . The seller couldn't believe I could drive it home. Put one on from my stash from spare 350 tuned port trans am stuff.
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 24, 2015, 09:56 AM.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Glad you FINALLY have time to mess with it, at least a little. How did the Trans-Am MAF work out?

Dan

Comment

It worked out fine. They were both 1987 cars.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Just drove the thing , ( High point was hitting the Tail of the Dragon on the way to S.C for my niece's wedding .) It all came to an abrupt stop on a februrary day . I was going to left work for lunch . Turned the key and got nothing. No click, groan , grind. The radio and lights would work ut thats abut it. I tinkered with it for a couple of freezing days after work but, finally resorted to what any good redneck would do ( but few corvette owners ) I got my tow strp out and drug it home with the wifes truck. I tinkered with it about two months . Changing the plugs and wires , cap and rotor , ( even though they weren't very old ). Tested the throttle position sensor , idle air control valve , mas airflow sensor , tested the injectors with a multi-meter . At this point my son had his skateboard crash that resulted in a brain injury. There went about another two months. Finally I put it in a professional shop . It languished for 7 weeks. He couldn't fix it but gave me a new AC Delco battery and started for wasting my time. It sat about two more weeks and the my brother in law metioned a guy at church had bought on the internet a probe like thing that checks for the vibration in the injector bodies as they open and close.I really thought this was a wastes of time but it couldn't hurt anything. Got that thing out and tested the injectors on the passenger side, they all worked. Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention way that once we got the car to start, the battery would die over night.So before I started it I put it on a slow charger for 20 hrs with the battery disconnected . Back to the injectors . I checked the driver side injectors and non of them worked . I texted this to my oldest so who is a chevy mechanic in training and he said to check the injector fuses . There is a 5 amp and a 7.5 amp . The 7.5 was blown. Put a new one of those in after buying a pack of 5 for $3.50 and it runs perfect. Now you all are up to date. I'll post some pics up when I get a chance .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

You driving 2750 to Ohio?
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Small update . Put new pads on the front of it about a month ago . Thought I'd make note of it . That way I can see how long they last.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

When I change pads/rotors I use a paint pen to the rotor with the date and mileage. My wife thinks it's a little OCD (and maybe it is) but I like to keep track of those things and I'm too lazy to keep a log book.

Comment

I do that on oil filters..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    I do that on oil filters..
                    I started to use that blue painter's tape somewhere under the hood on oil changes since I've become afflicted with CRS.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I do that with underwear

Steve
                      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal View Post
                        I do that with underwear

Steve
                        I do that too so I know when to turn them inside out for another week.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post

I started to use that blue painter's tape somewhere under the hood on oil changes since I've become afflicted with CRS.
                          unfortunately, there is a lot of that CRS stuff going around...
                          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                          Gregg and Deb Miller
                          Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal View Post
                            I do that with underwear

Steve
                            50,000 steps or 2weeks, whichever's first?

Comment

Whats it mean when the wife starts embroidering your name just below the collar on you tee shirts ?
                              Last edited by Dan Barlow; January 8, 2016, 06:02 AM. Reason: install question make
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X