No announcement yet.

The Red Rocket, story of a old minitruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parts truck is a newer frame, 1996 I believe and has a strong leaf pack in the rear, after "modifying" the factory leaf spring pack it is way too soft in the rear so I decided to replace them with newerish ones
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I did add air shocks to the rear but the frame needs a c-notch for more axle travel for as low as its going to sit

Comment

Yup, in '95 they increased the amount of the frame that was boxed. IIRC that one is a later style. The best C notches don't require cutting up the bed.
        Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
        1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
        1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Ford 5.0 fits real well in them. Even better than a SBC from what I've on a Blazer forum.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
            Ford 5.0 fits real well in them. Even better than a SBC from what I've on a Blazer forum.
            If it's the one I'm thinking of, that truck is a four wheel drive with a two wheel drive conversion - no huge crossmember to deal with. Yeah, it fit like it was made for it, factory shorty headers and all.

Clean truck Charles! I had to re-read where it came from, too much metal on it for that to have come from your neck of the woods.

this is the thread I was thinking of. Have to go in a couple of pages, the OP's thread got jacked so hard it turned into somebody else's project thread! I just thought we were bad. haha.

Last edited by Beagle; August 15, 2015, 03:41 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I decided to make the truck a lil harder to steal, I took out the slider back window and put in a solid piece of glass

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                I did add air shocks to the rear but the frame needs a c-notch for more axle travel for as low as its going to sit
                I like the way it sits.

Comment

I switched over from the early 80s elephant mirrors in favor of the late model sleaker olds bravado mirrors

Comment

Both very good mods. That one piece glass looks loads better, the mirrors do look good too. I had a set of Street Scene mirrors on my 94, almost wish I would have went with the 99+ mirrors because they had more glass area.

It's not the size of your mirrors if you know how to use them properly
                    Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                    1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                    1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

I like the upgraded mirrors. The glass definitely looks cleaner, but I like the slider for the ventilation.

Comment

Much cleaner! I saw a Studebaker truck the other day and the slide went to the center opening the ends of the glass.
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                        X