Slowly working my way through the GM A body line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly working my way through the GM A body line

So I've been off the forum pretty much since I sold my Chevelle in April of 2014. A lot had happened since then including a move back to Northern VA. I also sold my 88 Chevy crew cab so I had car cash burning a hole in my pocket til things settled down. Yesterday I picked up this 1972 LeMans Sport convertible. It runs great and I hope to cruise it while doing cosmetic upgrades.
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Looks nice. 350 pontiac /350 car ? How about some details . Looks like alot of fun. Something I've really fallen in love with is roofless motoring .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I like that a lot! Congrats!
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

It is a 350/350 car. Someone has put a lumpy cam nice dual exhaust so it sounds pretty mean. It also has an Edelbrock carb and aluminum intake. The best part is that is has a full tubular suspension, front and rear, and four wheel disc brakes.

The "revere silver" paint has cracks and flaws here and there but will do just fine for a driver. There are some small bubbles but nothing major. It has had two new quarters and I suspect a right front fender. Top is tired but good enough for a while yet. The interior is in great shape but is three different colors and my biggest pet peeve so far. Wheels are stock ralleys with nearly new 225 rubber.
        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Since I have a garage I think I had my vette 6 weeks before I put the top on the car. So unless your going to drive it daily , ppffhh big deal :-)
          Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 26, 2015, 04:20 PM.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Nice!
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Very nice
              Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Looks like a very good driver, well done!

cheers
                Ed
                Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Welcome back! I've missed yer smilin' face.

Nice Pontiac. Hope you have a ton of fun with it.

Dan

Comment

I like Pontiac droptops. Super nice car you picked up....

Comment

You suck, truly suck and I hate you. Nice score!
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

thats pretty, great color....
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Registered and legal today with a short cruise to the pool interrupted by T-storms. There were a few small puddles under the car and brakes need adjusting. I got an adjustable pushrod in the deal. Steering seems super over boosted. I have a Grand Cherokee gearbox leftover from the Chevelle project which may help.

Comment

First cruise night with the LeMans.

Want to write more but my pics are all uploading upside down?

Comment

You were in New Zealand?
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X