No announcement yet.

Luxury Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good info thanks for sharing, just drove a 2003 GM home from Florida, rust free, 43k miles. Plan to swap seats with the 98 towncar, then sell it.
    (town car has power and heat on both sides and leather, GM is cloth, no heat, no power passenger - hoping the wiring is already there, will have to find some door panels from a 03+ with power and heat both sides)
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Rea's might have the door panels - they get LOTS of nifty Ford stuff.

Dan

Comment

• This car has been in jack stand jail for a while now. I have been too busy, too tired, or too lazy. I had the day off today so I put a dent in it. Got the chains, cover and valve covers back on. I got hung up on the belt routing, but I think I found a picture. Fingers crossed driving tomorrow.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Idler Pulley
          Alternator
          Drive Belt
          Power Steering Pump
          Engine Crankshaft Harmonic Balancer
          Water Pump
          Air Conditioner Compressor
          Belt Tensioner
          Last edited by Admirall2; December 26, 2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Admirall, Thanks for the picture that matches the routing I found. I was feeling good last night so I went back out to the shop after the kids were in bed and finished it up. It still has some chain grinding sounds but no start up chatter. I do think it not as loud as before. Can not hear it going down the road, so the plan is to put miles on it. I really missed my Lincoln! I am glad its back in service!

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• No problem. Glad to help out.

If anyone has some time to kill, This is a site that has helped me out greatly in the past. It is where I stole borrowed the image from. There is a ton of information on their dealing primarily with Crown Vic, especially P71 spec cars, but a lot will translate to the Grand Marquis and Town Car as well.

Comment

• Thanks for the tip! I sold my Dad's car after finding a low mileage 03 GM in Florida. I'm happy to learn more about these things.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• The power door lock switch is not unlocking the doors. It will lock it. The key fob works and keyless entry works. Also the power seat is not returning to the driver setting.

I replaced the lock switch but it didn't change anything.

I have been trying but my Google skills are not working well on this. Seems like I found some place said a module controls it and could be bad.

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Is it a single door or all the doors? On Willow's Explorer the right front door had those symptoms - it was the door lock solenoid itself.

Comment

• Is it all the doors not unlocking, or a specific one?

Also, is this the 03 TC?

Comment

• All the doors. 2003 town car.

Both the driver side and passenger door lock switch will lock the doors neither will unlock the doors. I don't think it's the solenoid because when I hit the button I key fob all the doors will unlock.
                        Last edited by Russell; April 24, 2019, 12:28 PM.

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• How does the number pad on the door work?

This is sounding more and more like the Driver's door module has called it a career.

Comment

• Number pad works as it should.

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Then the only way to test this would be a test light on the pins going into the DDM and see if the unlock pins light it up. If it does, then it is the DDM.

Comment

• Well I am sure you all have been sitting on pins and needles waiting for results (kidding). I had a little free time so I went to the junk yard. And it was my lucky day! They had set a fresh Lincoln Town car out in the yard. The other two TCs had already given up their DDM. I grabbed a splash guard while I was there that is missing / damaged. Got out the gate for #28 and change!

Swapped them out and now the doors unlock with the door switch!

I had a go round with the rear brakes. Pads turned to metal. Got new rotors and pads off Amazon. While I pulled off rotors the parking brake shoes fell apart. The pads Amazon sent didn't fit. So it was off to the parts store to get pads and shoes.

Got it all together it stopped great, no noise, then I checked the parking brake and it was not there. I pulled the wheel off and messed with the adjuster, but that was not the problem the parking brake cable came unhooked. Once I got that fixes I had to go back and readjust the parking brakes. Everything worked but it made a terrible racket. Pull the wheel off again and I had got one of the springs upside down that connects the shoes and it was rubbing on the tone ring. So now it has a squill when I hit the brakes but I can live with it.

I still love my Lincoln, just hoping I don't have to work on it anytime soon.

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X