The TIME BOMB... updated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TIME BOMB... updated...

After not having much to show for myself when it comes to racing lately, I finally am employed again and am able to start competing at a mediocre level at least. I didn't want to post anything until I had something. You will see the bomb at Maxton in May for a lower speed tune-up, and I'm at an 85% commitment for Maine in August. A buddy of mine did this for me, enjoy....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yezHBRYXwT0

Oh, Seth and Luke, Clearly, mine is running, and yours isn't... ;D

Re: I give to you, The TIME BOMB...

hahahaha.....Did you get the nitrous plate in the right way this time? ;)

Watcha got in there?

We'll be ready soon enough. 8)

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Rough crowd... but a nice car...

Comment

HA!.....love it
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Cool.Just use a longer fuse ;) that way you get more passes.
          terry

Comment

I must say the engine sounds better then it ever has. Can't wait for dyno day and see the real potential of this engine. There is alway somthing about this car that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, when you snap the throttle and the tach jumps to 5 grand in a milisecond. ;D

Comment

Nice, I let the motor rust, that way it looks like nothing. 383, cp pistons, eagle rotating, Dart iron eagle platinum series 230cc/49cc chamber heads, with a casting flash cleanup job and a little bit of bowl work. and about $2000 worth of valvetrain goodies, not including the rocker system. Can't forget the "mild" solid roller cam. Backed by a custom So-Al racing t101 4-speed. The rear is a gm 8.5" with custom 35spline axles and a cromo spool, with 2.73 gears. The suspension is completely stock, with slapper bars and clamped leafs on the back.

Comment

Yeah I'm not much one for free reving a motor, but just tapping the throttle to check the accelerator pumps does cause an instant 4000 jump... ;D

Comment

Originally posted by greenjunk
                  Oh, Seth and Luke, Clearly, mine is running, and yours isn't...
                  Left out again ..
                  :'(

Comment

I should dish out a ration of crap, but the truth is I'm really happy to hear it run again and I look forward to seeing it back at the track. Sorry for the lean times and, like Seth and Luke, I admire your tenacity. Hope to have the Buzz Bomb there, too. You know - like Mike - a little brother.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                      Originally posted by greenjunk
                      Oh, Seth and Luke, Clearly, mine is running, and yours isn't...
                      Left out again ..
                      :'(
                      Yeah.....Pick on Steve more..... ;D

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

LOL !! :D

.. anyhow, glad you are back to work David, we're looking forward to seeing some more Time Bomb runs in April !!

Comment

F bomb, buzz bomb, time bomb - firecracker....

are all you guys pyro's or what!? ;D
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The Gen II Camaros all started from David's F-Bomb. It's an "F" body, he's "Freiburger", the car has a WWII theme - it was a natural. Dave Maty came up with "Time Bomb" as a sort of tribute (or an "In yer face" not sure which) to the F-Bomb. I went on Carjunkie and asked for input on a similar name for mine - "XXXX Bomb". After a LOT of cool suggestions, David F said he wanted "Buzz Bomb". When the Big Guy speaks, I listen! Randy Streeter did some cool graphics which I need to get printed on vinyl so I can apply them to the car.

So that's the story. On the "Firecracker" - Luke will have to fill in the blanks on that one.

Dan

Comment

Luke and I brainstormed a name for our teams car for awhile, and since our team name was Red Hot Racing and the car was red, I suggested Cherry Bomb, but Luke said he specifically did NOT want to have an x Bomb name or theme. His car, he gets the vetto.

We moved up the boom scale with Firecracker, M-80, then on to Dynamite (Luke said that sounded way too much like Jimmie Walker on the 70's sit-com Good Times Dyn-O-Mite!!!), so we moved on to TNT, Nitro, etc.

Luke finally went back to Firecracker, which I think fits nicely.
                              Seth painted the Skull & Wrench logo on the hood and team name font on the rear spoiler.
                              So there you have it.
                              ;D

BTW - sorry for the thread hijack David :-\

Comment

Working...
                              X