"Mobydoba" '77 Chrysler Cordoba T-bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mobydoba" '77 Chrysler Cordoba T-bar

So I have been driving Mobydoba as I slowly fixed things and worked up to the real work and a plan. So in about a week I will have the news from insurance and I am betting on this being a write off. I will take salvage of my car and I guess no more excuses on starting the real work.
    I will need to find a parts car (luckily I know where I can find 4), then replace the parts that need it Hood, Fender etc... Then there's just no point in not painting... Once the hood is off I "may" need to work on the rad support, inner fenders. Now that would be easier without the engine in there no?... I did want to pull it apart and do a stroker out of the 360... Or build the 383 or 440 in my garage... Engines out, well I should take a peek at that trans... Well I do have that 9 1/4 3.55 sure-grip and well the trans and driveshaft are out so... Now of course I can no longer get performance tires in this size, just SUV tires so maybe new wheels and promote the other project up to these 17's as it's got smaller overall diameter... Well in a week I will know the answer I already know from ICBC, so here goes.
    Fabricator's Motto: Cut to fit, Beat into place.
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    HRPT Long Hauler 2014

That's a pretty good hit to fold up a 'Doba like that. Hopefully it's fixable. It doesn't look like the core support got tagged, though, hopefully you get off lucky there. Best of luck!
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

sorry to see the damage Colin...I am sure that you can fix her...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Bummer . Had my 87 GTA hit a year ago . I feel your pain . Wish you well.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

awesome.... " gotta pull the hood to fix it, so since the hood is already off, MIGHT as well go ahead and swap out the motor/trans and rear end...." bitchin!
          Charles

Comment

I like your attitude! Is Canada OK with engine swaps, modifications, etc? Don't know the laws up there at all. The 400-based stroker engine is a pretty cool way to go and more CID is always good.

Mom had a 'Doba of that vintage but it was a lean-burn pig. If it had been closer I might have pulled the LB 400 and done the long crank build thought it WAS Mom's. I de-lean burned it and it became at least reliable. My bro got that one and drove it for many years but that entailed a move from Florida to Michigan so the tin worm set in eventually. BTW, the 'Doba's name was "Riccardo" - handsome as Hell but basically no darn good. You know those Latin lovers......

Dan

Comment

Well got the official ruling from ICBC our wonderful government run insurance and my car is officially a write-off. I got to keep the salvage fro a buy back of $179 off of the payout so the car never even had to leave my driveway. I spent the day out in the driveway yesterday pulling the front end of the car apart to get it ready to send off to the auto body shop in the winter. I found all three of these other cars a couple weeks ago already, and although I could take all three cars for a reasonable price space is at a premium, so for now I will just get the "doba" which I can have for $500. One small dent in the passenger side fender at the front corner but no obvious rust, and much better than what remains of my fender. I did luck out on the fact that the trim on the donor car is fubar but when I pulled mine off it's folded up but not torn at all so I think I can tinker it back into shape once the time comes.
              Engine swaps are ok and I do have a couple BB in the garage but I do believe a healthy stroker of the 360 is the plan, at the moment anyway.
              HRPT Long Hauler 2014

Comment

At least you were able to get a parts donor in fair condition!
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Keep us posted!

Dan

Comment

Patrick other than the one piece wheel opening trim, ironically the one I need, it's in pretty good shape for a donor even has some better stuff than my own. The taillights will both find their way onto my car as they are both in better shape than mine, and the the chrome sport mirrors on the doors are also not pitted like mine. I will be pretty much gutting it for all it's worth, getting what I need and probably a lot I don't. Heck it's even a 400 car so another BB for the back wall of the garage.
                    HRPT Long Hauler 2014

Comment

I thought you Canadians just used a K-car and duck tape? I guess that's what happens when everything I know about Canada I learned from Red Green...

Cum omnibus cecidisti, concidisse simula

Comment

Sorry about the car Colin, still like them headlights, still haven't bought them for my Vette but I'm still going to. A pic from her glory days at the beginning of HRPT in Mooresville NC
                        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by ColinV View Post
                          Patrick other than the one piece wheel opening trim, ironically the one I need, it's in pretty good shape for a donor even has some better stuff than my own. The taillights will both find their way onto my car as they are both in better shape than mine, and the the chrome sport mirrors on the doors are also not pitted like mine. I will be pretty much gutting it for all it's worth, getting what I need and probably a lot I don't. Heck it's even a 400 car so another BB for the back wall of the garage.
                          That's great news Colin! We really appreciated visiting with you on HRPT! Take care and good luck!
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                          X