No announcement yet.

Willys / Gladiator mashup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Offered it up, no interest at all equals no value, it go bye-bye.

I did sell the seats and seat belts.

Have the headlights, complete doors, hood listed, I completely expect to scrap them as well, too much of the population is more into meth than machines. Not having tried it makes me a hypocrite for bashing I suppose. Oh well.

EDIT: All sold....took a few weeks, but worth the wait. All transactions went well too.
    Last edited by STINEY; October 22, 2015, 12:31 PM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Heroin hasn't taken too much of a foothold there yet? When I lived in Hardin County, Kenton was having it pop up.
      Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
      1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
      1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Heroin is huge by me.... coming in from Baltimore and NY. its an epidemic.
        Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Heroin is a major concern locally. Our county actually wised up and elected a couple of judges who have the law enforcement's back, instead of a revolving door policy as previously.

No to say we are cured, but there is a remarkable difference in a years time. Definitely on the right path..........apparently the heavy dealers prefer counties with more liberal policies.

In other news, the 4.3 is sporting a freshly painted air filter housing. Yeah, its the big things that really count. I try to do something everyday, no matter how small.
          Last edited by STINEY; September 30, 2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Son in law is in law enforcement and has shown me "bust pictures"
            2-3 years ago it was dominately meth.. Recently it is herion.
            When they crash in to make the bust.. The herion users basically have no idea what is happening..
            Sad!

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

In other news, the 4.3 is sporting a freshly painted air filter housing. Yeah, its the big things that really count. I try to do something everyday, no matter how small.
              Words to live by. Much better than heroin.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

More derailment; not far up the road in Scottsburg, Indiana, the heroin epidemic has turned into an AIDS epidemic. They think needle exchanges will help cure the problem.

SO, you painted the air filter housing but posted no picture(s)?
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I think needle exchange programs are great. So they take the contaminated needles and then pass them out to whoever shows up for free illegal drug needles? Awesome!

Incredible progress picture by request.

And a reference shot of the EGR TBI area of the 4.3

Last edited by STINEY; October 22, 2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Looks like another Chevy marking it's territory... did it just get washed?

just kidding... progress is good! Did you get all the info for cleaning up the harness?
                    Last edited by Beagle; October 1, 2015, 07:59 AM.

Comment

No wash.....it waited to uke coolant until it was on the chain hoist IN the shop. Fortunately it was just water, and fortunately the block isn't cracked so the water must be from this summer.

At least I think its just water. My dog licks and eats anything and everything, and she is still quite lively.

I believe (hope) I am good on the harness. Sounds crazy, but I am just going to leave the EGR and get a VSS adapter and even the EVAP charcoal stuff and install it on the Willys.
                      Might even put a CAT on it. Its getting so I hate the nasty smell of todays fuel going through an uncatted engine. I don't know what they did to the fuel, but it sure stinks uncatalically converted.

Being a CJ-2A I will be rather close up and personal with any exhaust fumes, so keeping that in mind a universal cat is a stong possibility.

And I grew up loving the smell of exhaust. Still quite enjoy the smell of Race Fuel being burnt. That crap from the pump is gross though.....anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Last edited by STINEY; October 1, 2015, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I don't mind the smell as much as I mind brush fires.. but I stopped chasing cars so I'm not sure I noticed the smell. I still think MONEY when I smell two stroke exhaust burning at the marina.

I did pick up a couple of universal Walker "High Flow" cats a couple of years ago for about 40.00 a piece. I'm not opposed to them if they're not an exhaust stopper, and the first thing they do here on an ODB I inspection (visual and pipe sniff) is look for the cats.
                        Last edited by Beagle; October 1, 2015, 08:51 AM.

Comment

.....anyone else notice this or is it just me?
                          The shit makes me physically ill. Since once travelling the country in the camper shell of a Ford Courier with an exhaust leak and about dyin', I cannot take exhaust smell. For the Cherokee when I put a newer (stock) engine in it, it's forward stainless exhaust had a cat up close to the motor then the Cherokee's original exhaust had one further back and I kept them both for no good reason other than that. Didn't seem to hurt performance.

In a low-speed, open vehicle subject to winding up in it's own fume cloud, it makes sense to keep the smog stuff.

Comment

And I grew up loving the smell of exhaust. Still quite enjoy the smell of Race Fuel being burnt. That crap from the pump is gross though.....anyone else notice this or is it just me?
                            I notice it quite a bit in the convertible Camaro. Not so much in the Mustang or Nova, although I do run premium in those 2 (maybe that makes a difference). Thinking about installing a converter on the Camaro. (bought it with out one)
                            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                            74 Nova Project
                            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                            79 Chevy Truck Project
                            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

my first FJ40 had an exhaust leak at the firewall - the 302 came with only 2 different exhaust manifolds - both straight back. The guy (whoever that was) who put the motor in, did a sharp 90* turn at the firewall that was less than the pipe diameter. It had a very leaky soft-top so normally it wasn't a problem, but on long trips on the highway, the air leaks would pressurize the cabin and keep the exhaust in the vehicle. I was sick for 2 days after a 4 hour drive in it...

mufflers will start grass fires, so I'm not sure what the point is about the cat starting fires... but then again, I don't drive cars in fields so this isn't an issue for me. As you know, I put twin cats on my new '40 and they will be covered by the rock-plate-sliders so fire isn't an issue, nor will dying from carbon monoxide poisoning.

when I was a kid, I loved the smell of regular, leaded gas... now, I agree with Chris - it is headache inducing.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

They took lead out and added (?) suluperic acid or something..
                                Theory was lead is permanent when emmitted, acid was not (water soluable)
                                E-85 straight up out of exhaust pipes sure makes your eyes water! Has a way different smell..
                                The source for E-85 dried up so we went back to race gas..
                                Usually smell a rotton egg odor on the steeper long hills around here, mostly by the smaller engined cars..

Comment

Working...
                                X