No announcement yet.

1975 Camino Royale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing signs of improvement, but Comet and Scotch Brite?
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

After years of sitting outside with no cover, it had amassed an impressive buildup of crud over the entire body. Now it feels smooth to the touch again and it has a slight shine on all panels.

Comment

After a few bumps in rhe road, this project is back on track. Up next, the engine is coming out. We'll see what happens next.

I picked up the wheels and tires from a Craigslist seller, priced at $500. The wheels are 17x7 and 17x8, with 215/40 17 tires on the front and 255/40 17 tires on the rear. The tires show very little wear.
        Last edited by Cammin; July 11, 2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Good news. I picked up a low mileage 350 ci. GM crate engine from a local rebuilder for $800. Whenever I get time, I'll swap the short block out with this engine.

The next big project will be to replace the front and rear floor pans. Any current recommendations on floor pan suppliers for these models?
          Last edited by Cammin; November 10, 2022, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Finally have an update worth sharing. Purchased a 6v-53 Detroit Diesel blower for $100. After a good bit of searching, I found that Joe Blow Speed Shop in Australia makes bearing plates for these blowers (https://joeblospeedshop.com). Now, I'm researching fuel options that include three deuces and electronic fuel injection. Will need adapter plates to marry the blower to the engine and whatever fuel system I land on. I expect that my crate engine will work, if the boost stays on the conservative side. Will update when more progress is made.

The Stoner T series, on Hemmings' website, makes me want to hide the blower under the supercharger hat (image below). If not familiar with that build, I'd consider it a must read.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/201...people-part-18

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/201...people-part-18

Last edited by Cammin; April 8, 2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

The Blower Shop. Guy who owns it is a solid guy.

At The Blower Shop, we are dedicated to bringing that technology not only to the professional racing industry, but to the street and marine enthusiast as well. Using our proprietary UDA technology, we manufacture a complete line of hand-built superchargers, intake manifolds, intercoolers, and components. From our low profile 192 and 250 superchargers, to the traditional 71 series, to the powerful XR1 and race blowers, we build it all right here in the USA.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Here's a pic of the front of the blower:

Click image for larger version

Name:	blower.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	1291716

Comment

Look who's back in the game! After more stops and starts, I've replaced the rear passenger air shock with a new KYB shock, along with painting the brake drum using Rust-Oleum farm implement paint. Moving to the rear driver's side this week to do the same work. Next I'll move up front to replace the shocks there. This Winter will be reserved for getting the vehicle running again, hopefully before Spring arrives.

Name:	Brake Drum.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	677.4 KB
ID:	1328624

I picked this air cleaner up last weekend for $100. It's an unused replica with a new air filter still installed. Will route a pair of ducts to it when the time comes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AirCleaner.png Views:	0 Size:	472.6 KB ID:	1328623

Last edited by Cammin; November 8, 2022, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Replaced the rear driver's side air shock with the KYB shock and painted the brake drum. While I was painting the drum, I cleaned and painted driveshaft with the same Rust-Oleum implement paint. Whoever designed that front, upper nut location is not getting a Christmas card this year.. Moving to the front shocks next.

Name:	Wheel.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1328913 Click image for larger version

Name:	shaft.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	1328914
                    Last edited by Cammin; November 16, 2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cammin View Post

It certainly is, so I'll be following your suggestion.

I'm planning to tear apart the suspension and replace the rubber components with polyurethane, over the winter. So, a Harbor Freight hydraulic press may be in my future.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. It may take a little time, but it will be nice when finished. I've got something unique planned for the bed, you'll just have to wait and see.

ALSO REPLACE the window / doors seals it will come in there BAR NONE these cars / Trars are known for it and thats called the Smugglers box Lid in the front of bed

Comment

Originally posted by Limey SE View Post

ALSO REPLACE the window / doors seals it will come in there BAR NONE these cars / Trars are known for it and thats called the Smugglers box Lid in the front of bed

I'll add that to the 'To-Do List' . Thanks for the info, Limey SE .

Comment

A few updates to report. I've purchased a Comp Cams he268 cam/lifter kit for the low compression 350, after finding a worn lobe on the cam I planned to use. Painted the intake, alternator and water pump. One more coat needed to make it right on the alternator. Also, finally installed the driver's side shock. Will update when more progress is made.

Name:	cam.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	783.2 KB
ID:	1331201

Name:	WaterPumpAlternator.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	489.0 KB
ID:	1331202

Name:	Intake.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	1331203

Comment

Following another extended break, I've installed the passenger front side shock. Also, I've turned my attention to the driver's side rear brake system. It's time to give those brakes the attention they deserve and bring them back to their former glory, LOL. First things first, I carefully disassembled the brake shoe hardware. Once disassembled, I got down and dirty to clean and revitalize the backing plate and parking brake shoe lever.

Next, I moved on to the wheel cylinder. With the finesse of a unskilled mechanic, I removed the two bolts holding it in place and gently disconnected the brake line. Out with the old, and in with the new! A brand spanking new unit was ready and waiting to take its rightful place.

Now that the wheel cylinder has been replaced, it's time to put everything back together. I'll be reassembling the brake shoe hardware next time. Once the driver's side rear brakes are fully assembled, I'll be shifting gears to the passenger side.

Name:	Driver_Rear_Brake_Paint&WheelCylinder.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1338347

Comment

While scouring the vast depths of the internet, I stumbled upon a gem that I believe deserves to be a permanent fixture in the realm of drum brake enthusiasts. Feast your eyes upon this remarkable website, located at https://pbase.com/nufsed/drumbrake, where you'll discover an incredibly detailed breakdown of the intricacies involved in assembling a drum brake system. For anyone seeking guidance in repairing their beloved vehicle's drum brakes, this resource is an absolute must-have.​

Comment

what it doesn't show is how to hold your mouth just right to get all those parts together.... but still, good pictures
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X