No announcement yet.

1985 Fiero - Last Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see it up and running. That side exhaust is just wicked!
    Last edited by Huskinhano; October 5, 2016, 07:53 PM.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Side exhaust is weird (look at my videos of Mutt on the track in "General").

Dan

Comment

nice woodwork
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 6, 2016, 06:14 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Frankly I think anybody trying to hot rod Fieros is doing a good thing...I always thought they were bitchin' little cars tho' I never drove one.

Comment

If you ever DO drive one, know that the back end of a 4 cylinder will break free easy enough and when it goes, it goes on ice. The duke is low-end torquey for it's size and the suspension is...rudimentary.

Forward to backward in less than 2 seconds, and all you can do is hold on and pray.

I had. A bad. Experience.

So much fun to drive something that wants to throw you. I love it.

Comment

A buddy of mine in MI had a V-6 Fiero with a little hop-up done to the engine. It was quick and, as you say, you had to stay on top of it. He had done a lot of circle track and was a SCCA corner worker and knew his way around handling so I didn't mind riding with him. Fun little car.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Demoto View Post
                  If you ever DO drive one, know that the back end of a 4 cylinder will break free easy enough and when it goes, it goes on ice. The duke is low-end torquey for it's size and the suspension is...rudimentary.

Forward to backward in less than 2 seconds, and all you can do is hold on and pray.

I had. A bad. Experience.

So much fun to drive something that wants to throw you. I love it.

ever driven a 911? the joke is this - in a choice between a Corvette and a Porsche, it truly boils down to which end you want to hit the wall.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Having gone up a tree 8' or so with the back end of a GT500 (as a passenger ) I'd say backward is best . Still painfull but , so much more survivable. That being said , it was a miracle we didn't hit it with my door and turn it into a horseshoe and kill both of us . But .......you know , Im not planning on hitting a wall or another tree ! So I'll take the vette 😎
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                      Having gone up a tree 8' or so with the back end of a GT500 (as a passenger )
                      When this sort of thing happens (with very few exceptions) even when you're the driver, you're a passenger.

Comment

I almost built one!. but alas.. I don't fit!! I had the car and motor and all, just needed some parts and build it. but even the Crisco wasn't quite enough to make it doable..

am liking were this is going for sure... what are the headlights? don't recognize the look of them

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                          A Northstar would be cool. FYI, GM used it's FWD engine cradle in the back of the Fiero.
                          not really..
                          wishful thinking..
                          but it is most parts of a citation/Pontiac 6000 as far as half shafts, spindles, etc

Comment

Headlights are just 6" LED light bars off of Amazon. I build brackets and mounted them off the hood hinge bolts. Had to remove one of the two springs on the flip-up doors so the dang things didn't push down on the lights too hard and deform the mounts, but now (hysterically) the doors pop up like little reverse Porsche spoilers when you go over 80 mph.

Gotta strap them down. Their increasing my precious drag coefficient!

Comment

that's funny! they almost looked like some of the square led replacements that use several mini projectors, just half open.

Comment

Working...
                              X