Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigdog9191999
    replied
    that's funny! they almost looked like some of the square led replacements that use several mini projectors, just half open.

Leave a comment:

• Demoto
    replied
    Headlights are just 6" LED light bars off of Amazon. I build brackets and mounted them off the hood hinge bolts. Had to remove one of the two springs on the flip-up doors so the dang things didn't push down on the lights too hard and deform the mounts, but now (hysterically) the doors pop up like little reverse Porsche spoilers when you go over 80 mph.

Gotta strap them down. Their increasing my precious drag coefficient!

Leave a comment:

• JamesMayberryIII
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
    A Northstar would be cool. FYI, GM used it's FWD engine cradle in the back of the Fiero.
    not really..
    wishful thinking..
    but it is most parts of a citation/Pontiac 6000 as far as half shafts, spindles, etc

Leave a comment:

• bigdog9191999
    replied
    I almost built one!. but alas.. I don't fit!! I had the car and motor and all, just needed some parts and build it. but even the Crisco wasn't quite enough to make it doable..

am liking were this is going for sure... what are the headlights? don't recognize the look of them

Leave a comment:

• hauen
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    Having gone up a tree 8' or so with the back end of a GT500 (as a passenger )
    When this sort of thing happens (with very few exceptions) even when you're the driver, you're a passenger.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Having gone up a tree 8' or so with the back end of a GT500 (as a passenger ) I'd say backward is best . Still painfull but , so much more survivable. That being said , it was a miracle we didn't hit it with my door and turn it into a horseshoe and kill both of us . But .......you know , Im not planning on hitting a wall or another tree ! So I'll take the vette 😎

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Demoto View Post
    If you ever DO drive one, know that the back end of a 4 cylinder will break free easy enough and when it goes, it goes on ice. The duke is low-end torquey for it's size and the suspension is...rudimentary.

Forward to backward in less than 2 seconds, and all you can do is hold on and pray.

I had. A bad. Experience.

So much fun to drive something that wants to throw you. I love it.

ever driven a 911? the joke is this - in a choice between a Corvette and a Porsche, it truly boils down to which end you want to hit the wall.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    A buddy of mine in MI had a V-6 Fiero with a little hop-up done to the engine. It was quick and, as you say, you had to stay on top of it. He had done a lot of circle track and was a SCCA corner worker and knew his way around handling so I didn't mind riding with him. Fun little car.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Demoto
    replied
    If you ever DO drive one, know that the back end of a 4 cylinder will break free easy enough and when it goes, it goes on ice. The duke is low-end torquey for it's size and the suspension is...rudimentary.

Forward to backward in less than 2 seconds, and all you can do is hold on and pray.

I had. A bad. Experience.

So much fun to drive something that wants to throw you. I love it.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Frankly I think anybody trying to hot rod Fieros is doing a good thing...I always thought they were bitchin' little cars tho' I never drove one.

Leave a comment:

• mopar57
    replied
    I like it!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    nice woodwork
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 6, 2016, 06:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Side exhaust is weird (look at my videos of Mutt on the track in "General").

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Good to see it up and running. That side exhaust is just wicked!
    Last edited by Huskinhano; October 5, 2016, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Demoto
    replied
    Too busy living to post, but much has happened to my dear Fiero since December 2015. Much abuse that is. Let's review:

Firstly, I put a Volvo spoiler on it because it was $25 at the junkyard. Fit like factory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photofiero_20160617_134658.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	1125924

Still gotta wire up the lights, but all good things in time.

After that, I redid the brakes, because the lines were rotted and the calipers were seized. Oh, and the master cylinder was shot. So basically, there was nothing good to be said about the brakes.

Name:	Photofiero_20160701_214339.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1125925

New this...

Name:	Photofiero_20160620_220819.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	1125926

...new that. Throw in some Russell braided lines, and a set of 1.5" wheel spacers. Done.

Name:	Photofiero_20160701_193357.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1125927

Made some whitewalls, because folks need to know that you're running R14's.

Name:	Photofiero_20160608_212133.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1125928

Installed the body work, added some grills to the signal lights and screwed an old sailboat rudder onto the bottom of the radiator mount.
    Works as an effective way to slam air up into the angled radiator. Helps keep engine heat down.

While we're on the topic:

Name:	Photofiero_20160727_214106.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1125929

I wrapped the exhaust pipes to keep heat out of the engine bay. Had to rebuild the pipes from the manifold back. It was all rusty and rattly and, moreover, went out the back of the car, with a very small pipe.

Name:	Photofiero_20161001_074244.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1125930

I fixed that.

Name:	Photofiero_20160822_075954.JPG
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1125931

Drove it to a couple meets. Raised a couple eyebrows. Turned down an offer to buy it.

Name:	Photofiero_20161001_074215.JPG
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1125932

Redid the headlights, courtesy of $35 and an Amazon account. They don't flip. They just stay that way.

Name:	Photofiero_20161001_074135.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1125933

Made a center console and a shift boot.

Made one of these:

Name:	Photofiero_20160926_201438.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1125934

So I could install one of those NRG hubs the hip kids are putting on all their Civics...

Name:	Photofiero_20161001_074112.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	1125935

So that I could bring my steering wheel into the office.

Name:	Photofiero_20160927_082312.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1125936

Name:	Photofiero_20160731_135749.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1125937

And just for fun, here's an old pic I like.

It has two doors now, I promise.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X