No announcement yet.

Squirrel's 78 F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man is that a clean looking truck....Always was a fan of this body style....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I can't really tell from the pic. 400M ?
      Last edited by Beagle; October 18, 2015, 12:46 PM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Yeah.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Wow that looks clean!! What all is done to the motor? Just external bolt-ons?

Comment

I guess I shouldn't have said "M" ... just 400. Interesting mill. Kaase sure did some magic with one. I'm with Andy, man it's clean looking from the outside. Stock? What gear?
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

He said it's a 3.54 gear, although the rearend was replaced a few years ago. I looked up the code on the door tag, says it should be a 3.31 Dana 61, but it says 60 on the housing.

I think the engine is just a stock rebuilt, with an Edelbrock intake and carb. And a points distributor, triggering an MSD. he was having trouble with the DuraSpark pickup stuff.

My fabulous web page

Comment

took my first loaded trip...7400 lbs gvw, sold some scrap metal in Tucson. Truck did fine.

My fabulous web page

Comment

As much as I love my Dodge Diesel and enjoyed my Dakota in the past, I also had great luck with my Ford trucks. Wear it in peace and happiness!

Dan

Comment

I have always wanted to copy this build and put it in my tbird

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Sharp looking truck!
                      Robert

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                        I have always wanted to copy this build and put it in my tbird

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...-engine-build/
                        neat build article. That's how I like to build an engine...keep it mostly stock, cam it appropriately, and have fun.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Nice truck! Love the older F-series.
                          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Do you know if he increased the compression when it was rebuilt?
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

I don't think it's anything other than a stock rebuild. Doesn't ping on 87, runs pretty good. Has an oil leak, and a tapping valvetrain sound I need to tinker with.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

I did some work under the truck, jacked up the engine, dropped the pan, put in a new rear main seal. The old one was kind of hard and inflexible. Replaced the motor mounts while I was in there. And I meant to replace the trans cooler lines, but I ran out of steam. Went for a test drive, but I have to give it some time to let the drips find the floor, if there are any. you never know.

Sure is a pita getting the pan off these things. The distributor sits right above the crossmember, so the oil pump is right above the crossmember too...the engine can go up about an inch, the pan can drop almost two inches after raising the engine. Then you get to remove the pump while the pan is still loosely on the engine, and drop it into the pan, then pull the whole mess out. The fun part of course is getting the pump back in while it's in the pan, and getting the oil pump drive shaft lined up, etc. took a while, and I go to use some swear words that I hadn't used for quite a while.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X