No announcement yet.

68 Road Runner "The Motovator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the seat brace installed today, and mocked up some of the cage bars. It's good to know I'll still have use of the wing window on hot days.

Comment

• At least for LSR, the shoulder bar appears to be a bit too high. They want them just below the driver's shoulders so the shoulder belts will pull slightly down. Maybe that's where that hits you but judging by the seat slots they seem to be right at the slots, usually a bit high. But then, you're probably a lot taller than I am! (Everyone is......)

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        ...But then, you're probably a lot taller than I am!...

Dan
        I'd think twice before I took that bet.
        Last edited by Hemi Joel; June 10, 2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't take that bet either if I were you. The cross bar is below my shoulders though, and NHRA legal.

Comment

• OK. Who's the shortest guy on BS??!! (I'm 5'5", down from 5'6 1/2" as a result of old age). Peewee is not even in the running - he towers over me so not all that "peewee".

Dan

Comment

• A pass in the GTX from this last weekend.

Comment

• I finally finished the metal work on the header panel/grill support yesterday. I eliminated anything to do with the stock hood latch. This will also act as a place to keep bolts and tools while working on the engine at the track. An original panel is also in the pictures for comparison.

Comment

• I've been working on the car as much as I can lately. Sized up some of the interior panels, and working on the transmission cross member. Today I started to pull the 499 out of the GTX. I have to mock up the scattershield and Jerico trans one more time.

Comment

• Good luck getting it done in time for Monster MOpar 2018! Sometimes a deadline improves the motivation.

Comment

• The 499 from the GTX is out, and now I can test fit the oiling system and transmission in the Road Runner. I'll check it out once I take the pan off. The clutch needs to be sent out and rebuilt. Still working OK, but it's been in the car for 13 years. It's due.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                        Good luck getting it done in time for Monster MOpar 2018! Sometimes a deadline improves the motivation.
                        PLENTY of time... Not exactly.. I just hope the new found enthusiasm can hold out until winter time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JERICOGTX View Post

PLENTY of time... Not exactly.. I just hope the new found enthusiasm can hold out until winter time.
                          Psssstt.. Joel says you can work in hs heated shop this winter. Don't tell him I told ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Psssstt.. Joel says you can work in hs heated shop this winter. Don't tell him I told ...
                            Actually, Joel has offered that option, but body work makes a huge mess, and doesn't mix well with dirty mechanical work.

Comment

• Originally posted by JERICOGTX View Post

Actually, Joel has offered that option, but body work makes a huge mess, and doesn't mix well with dirty mechanical work.
                              Was helping a bodyshop man build his derby car..I use lots WD-40, so much I bought it in gallon cans and spray bottles.. He absolutely banned it in his shop.. Fish eyes.

Comment

• He's right. VERY hard to overcome.

As far as working in Joel's shop - just build yourself a plastic tent and have at it. That's how I do a spray booth when necessary and it works pretty well.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X