68 Road Runner "The Motovator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

More pics and info, please! Looks like it's coming along nicely.

Dan

Comment

This is an awesome story and the build is shaping up to be even better!
        CHECK US OUT AT:
        www.ridetech.com

Comment

Received my front bumper brackets from Lingenfelter Brackets. They weigh 2.5 lbs total. With my fiberglass bumper it is a total weight savings of 33 lbs off the front of the car. Now to have them powder coated.

Comment

Spent some time tonight laying out the motor plate pattern.

Comment

My time spent on the Road Runner has been slim to none this spring. This year is the 25th anniversary of buying my first car, my '69 GTX. I have not raced the GTX in a couple years, and just could not stand it letting it sit for this milestone. I sent the heads out the first of January, and picked them up 3 weeks ago. Just a fresh valve job, and new valve springs. I now have it back up and running, and hopefully will race a couple times this summer. How does this tie in with the Road Runner? This is the engine and trans that will power it some day.

With the GTX now not bothering me being apart, I can get back to work on the Motovator.

Comment

I had some stand offs made at work, and got them welded into place for the fuel cell. The cell is a 5 gallon Jaz that ordered in "clear". It makes it easy to see fuel level.

Comment

The wheelie bars are almost complete. Just have to finish the top bars, but the car has to be almost completely assembled to get the proper adjustment.

Comment

Glad to see you back.. i made a mention of you to a friend and could not remember the screen name to find out where you went. Winter hibernation apparantly?

Comment

I basically shut the lights off and walk away from the garage in November. I will get back into a routine of working on it now.

Comment

Seeing where you are from... Do not blame you!
                        Had to work on my pickup at the inlaw's in Iowa... Stood there chattering my teeth. F'it...

Comment

MUST HAVE HEAT IN SHOP!!!! I've had some sort of heat since maybe 1990 or so and wouldn't be without it. The last 20 years or so I've also had a hoist and between the two (if I had to pick one) it would be heat. Without it it's just TOO nasty to work on and with cold metal. Here in NC it isn't SO bad but still it does get cold enough that I simply wouldn't do any work on certain days. I've found that if I kick the heat on an hour before I plan to get to work it'll be pretty good by the time I get out there though the tools might still be a bit cool to the touch.

I can't encourage you enough to get some sort of heat, like maybe an old house furnace from CL or someplace. A few hundred $$ could make a huge difference in your automotive life. We have a son and family in St. Paul and I can't imagine working in an unheated shop there - it's even worse than my native state of Michigan.

Dan

Comment

I actually do have a spare house furnace for my garage, BUT I really do not have any drive during winter months. Also with all the bare metal in the shop I would have to keep the heat going 24/7, so condensation does not build up and turn everything into a rust ball. Besides it is just me paying the bills, and the heat for the house is enough the way it is.

Comment

I'm sure glad I moved down here when I was two years old!
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

W don't want any heat in Jeffs shop. That way he is more likely to come over and help fix on my junk. It's cool to see the GTX getting some love. !
                                Last edited by Hemi Joel; May 16, 2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X