No announcement yet.

68 Road Runner "The Motovator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Coworker that tracked down the second owner of my Road Runner, today told me he found out the name of the original owner. He had passed away years ago, and Bruce had also told me this but could not remember the guys name. I guess his family, and friends that knew him, are still in the area, and he might know someone that has pictures of the car when it was new! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Doing some searching online, and asking locals questions, here is the old gas station my car sat at when Bruce bought it.

Comment

• That old gas station is PERFECT! That would make a great shop.

Dan

Comment

• It's too bad the place just sold last year for dirt cheap. I'm hoping whoever bought it is keeping it. My plan is to get a picture of the Road Runner in front of it when done.

Comment

• Better hurry.. Probably bought by someone looking to get rid of the "eyesore".
          I'm sure you know the kind...

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            That old gas station is PERFECT! That would make a great shop.

Dan

You beat me to it. I would love to find an old place like that to have a shop.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

You beat me to it. I would love to find an old place like that to have a shop.
              Make sure the DEQ has signed off on tank removal and any oil contamination before you buy.. Gets $$$ meeting their "rules"

Comment

• I just got word from the previous owners daughter, and she was excited to hear her Dad's car was being rebuilt. She was going to ask her Mom and Aunt if they had any pictures, and she would pass them along. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

• Best of luck on that. I wish I knew more about the history of Mutt and the 'Stang. I mean, I knew Mutt when he was Terry's but back before that...... And Truck the Dodge would be interesting, too. All I know is that it came from Florida and was bought at an auto auction somewhere though I don't even know where the auction was. We have a little history on Vanna the van as she was a handicapped van - we're the third owners and the second owner was in Murrell's Inlet, SC, just south of Myrtle Beach. Guess the only one I know from Day 1 is Nellie the HHR, one of the few cars I've bought new - well, ME and I bought her new which was a rare experience for me.

The history of a given car is always interesting to me.

Dan

Comment

• The one thing that scares me about buying an old station like that are future environmental laws. Who knows what will be dreamed up making you responsible for something done 60 years ago.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                      The one thing that scares me about buying an old station like that are future environmental laws. Who knows what will be dreamed up making you responsible for something done 60 years ago.
                      See my post above..
                      Future laws. I'll leave that for Aaron.

Comment

• Had some strut rod washers made at work today, out of aluminum. Strut rods will be done tomorrow hopefully, then off to get powder coated.

Comment

• Nicely machined parts are always SO pretty! If I had a lathe and a Bridgeport....... then all I'd need is an operator!

Dan

Comment

• Got my strut rods today. Off to get powder coated now.

Comment

• I was never satisfied with the US Body Source front fenders I picked up years ago, so when I heard AAR/Stinger Fiberglass was now making front fenders for 68-69 Road Runners, I had to buy a set. They are so much nicer then the others, and they weigh 1lb per side less. These will save a ton of work.

Comment

• From what I can see in the pic they look right on!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X