No announcement yet.

68 Road Runner "The Motovator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only downfall I can see is they opened up the marker lights for a 69. I need to fill them in, and drill holes for the round marker lights 68's had.

Comment

• I wondered about that. Seems like they should have left that hole closed and maybe provided markings on the back for each type of lamp so the fenders would live happily on either.

Dan

Comment

• I got the fenders converted to '68's, by filling in the holes, then re drilling new ones. Did some test mockup with the front end. Nothing fits... Have to do some altering to the fenders to allow the headlight trim to fit. Not real happy about that. Overall the fenders are very nice though.

Comment

• Bummer but, sadly, par for the course. Aftermarket body panels tend to fit - sorta. As nice as your work is on that car I'm sure you'll make it happen.

Dan

Comment

• Thanks Dan. I can handle the task, just takes more time then I want.

Comment

• That is where the skill and dedication pays dividends! You are making great progress!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Not being real trilled with the doors on the Road Runner I ordered up a set of new skins. Got home from work expecting both to be there, and they only shipped the left side. I called the place I ordered them through, and was told the right side is on the way... Anyways, I got the left skin off and will get it all cleaned up, then take it to work and have the inner powder coated before installing the new skin.

Comment

• Made some aluminum rear bumper brackets, and they are almost finished. Have to drill some holes, do a test fit, then have the lugs tug welded on.

I've also been working on a different rotisserie for the car. I made one years ago, and my friends have been using it ever since. Instead of a one size fits all type, I'm making on the just fits my Road Runner and GTX.

Comment

• When the previous owner had the car painted in the late 70's, he had the trunk finish panel removed and the holes welded up. ALL hardtop Road Runners built in 1968 had this panel as part of the decor package. To me they do not look correct with this missing, so I'm putting one back on.

Comment

• Nice work as usual Jeff. Your car will probably be done before mine.

Comment

• I doubt that... you have a deadline, and dinner on the line. I do not.

Comment

• Originally posted by JERICOGTX View Post
                          When the previous owner had the car painted in the late 70's, he had the trunk finish panel removed and the holes welded up. ALL hardtop Road Runners built in 1968 had this panel as part of the decor package. To me they do not look correct with this missing, so I'm putting one back on.
                          I agree. My '68 had that trim for sure and I like the look with it.

Dan

Comment

• Much better!
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Just read my way thru from page one, like a good
                              book I was hooked from the first paragraph.

A most exciting project from the history to the
                              detail in fabrication....👌

Comment

• Working on getting the headlight trim to fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X