No announcement yet.

68 Road Runner "The Motovator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a template to box in around the 4 link. The parts were then drawn up at work, laser cut, and then formed on a press brake.

Comment

• I thought I was the only one who murdered cardboard boxes - I've killed plenty of 'em. But I don't have fancy laser cutters and press brakes (wish I did).

Dan

Comment

• Having the parts cut on a laser and formed on a nice press brake might not be fully BangShift approved, but I also know when it's best to use good equipment when I have access to it. I love my job!

Comment

• My brake press.....C clamps, various lengths of flat steel, square tubing and a BFH.....

Comment

• Almost finished and ready to weld into place.

Comment

• Moving along...

Comment

• Looking good, as usual. You wanna come and rework the bars in Mutt? He needs it.

Dan

Comment

• The inner door structures were cleaned up and brought into work Tuesday. I had the previous powder coating burned off, and had them redone. The shells are now ready for new door skins.

Comment

• Comment

• Looks great!

Dan

Comment

• Very motovating, indeed. I've never seen the actual door skin installation. How do you prevent any damage to the outer skin while you are bending the outer edges around the frame?

Comment

• Hammer and dolly. Hold the dolly on the outside, while you hammer the lip over. It wears you out, as you have to hammer it over in a controlled manner.

Comment

• While scrapping out a couple machines at work, I noticed they had the perfect spline shafts I need for my steering column. I cut off what was needed, and had the ends turned down to fit the steering column shaft. I ordered the proper 5/8-36 Borgeson U joint on eBay.

Comment

• I want a job there!

Comment

• But then you would have to work for a living. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X