No announcement yet.

68 Road Runner "The Motovator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I worked in a body shop, WD-40 was banned there also. NOTHING will drive a body man crazier then someone else running there greasy hands across bare metal and body work... Even the acid from sweat creates havoc.

Comment

• Armor-all is another bane of bodymen everywhere, or anything with silicone in it, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by hauen View Post
        Armor-all is another bane of bodymen everywhere, or anything with silicone in it, really.
        True dat! Prepsol works well but even it doesn't always get it all.

Dan

Comment

• Stripped down a spare 383 today, to use as a dummy block. Attached the scattershield and Jerico to test fit everything and to finish up the trans mount. I have some more altering to do to the floor pan, but nothing too major.

Comment

• The rack and pinion K member fits, dragster style oil pan fits, motor plate fits, and shifter fits. Moving along...
            Last edited by JERICOGTX; November 3, 2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Spiffy! Moving right along.

Dan

Comment

• Well I finally have the car on the rotisserie. Have been working on the car fairly steady, but it's down to so many little things, that they do not show up on camera well.

Comment

• I look forward to updates to this! Love the attention to detail.

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Sorry for the delay in progress, but the last couple weeks I've been installing HEAT in my garage. Last night we got everything running, and tonight I just need to finish up some runs. I also replaced all the T8 florescent lights in the garage with LED pure white lights. BIG difference!

Comment

• I love the LED's in my garage too. You can never have enough light, especially in the north this time of year! What lights did you decide on? A buddy is putting up a shop now and looking at lighting options. Heated shop makes winter much better!

Comment

• YEA Heat!!! I've been switching my old 4' florescent tubes to LED tubes as they fail. If you just wire past the ballasts you can drop the LEDs right in the old fixtures. I've been doing this for a while and I'm still getting used to having the lights come on as soon as I flip the switch w/o warm-up time. It's a GOOD different.

Dan

Comment

• I used Sylvania LED bulbs that worked with the ballasts. Didn't have to change anything. Menards had them on sale $54 for a 10 pack. It was about $121 out the door for changing over.

Comment

• All cleaned up, organized, and ready to work on it.

Comment

• Looks great! Your heat will be better distributed than mine - I have one of those hanging Reznor heaters which kicks butt but dumps all it's heat on the hoist stall. It does eventually dissipate around the shop but when it's running it does get a bit warmish in that spot.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X