No announcement yet.

68 Road Runner "The Motovator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice Jeff! It always feels good to make improvements to the shop, especially when you can change it from cold and dark to warm and bright.

Comment

• The garage was pretty well lit before, but about 1/4 of the old bulbs were either burned out, or fading away. I have a little over $500 into changing lights and getting the furnace running. A friend gave me the furnace about 5 years ago. It was only about 2 years old at the time. I had to change it to run on LP, and the gas valve went bad from sitting. The hardest part of the job was drilling a 5 inch hole through the 10" thick solid concrete wall. That alone took 4 days to finish.

I'm going to do my best at trying to get out in the shop every day, but I'll also be working 7 days a week at work until the end of the year... Only time off from work until the new year will be holiday's and 3 days at PRI with HEMI Joel.

Comment

• Took the day off of work yesterday, and made good use of my time. Got the trunk floor and interior/floor pans ready for primer, and then sprayed them with an epoxy etching primer. A couple things crossed off the" to do" list.

Comment

• With all that tubing in the trunk it'll be difficult to get the grocery bags in there. Was that a good idea?

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            With all that tubing in the trunk it'll be difficult to get the grocery bags in there. Was that a good idea?

Dan
            Still waaaay more room than the average grocery getter...

Comment

• No groceries going in this car. IF the car was ever to go on Drag Week, I wouldn't have room for HEMI Joel's suitcase.

Comment

• The roof and cowl are ready for primer.

Comment

• Nice!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• The engine for the most part is complete and ready to go. Just waiting on a few bolts to arrive, and need to order a alternator.

Comment

• Just like OEM (sorta.....).

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        Just like OEM (sorta.....).

Dan
                        It's just a stock 383...

Comment

• Originally posted by JERICOGTX View Post

It's just a stock 383...
                          Like the "stock" intake and valve covers?

Haven't messed with a B/RB in a while but they are GREAT engines to work on. So intuitive with everything going together like you think it should. Love me some MOPARS.

Dan

Comment

• Things have been moving slowly on this project. I did get ahold of the daughter of the second owner, and she gave me a couple pictures of the car, before it was known as The Motovator. I'm getting close to having the car in primer, just need to work on the drivers side, and the hood needs a bunch of work to get it right.

Jeff

Comment

• Lookin' groovy, Jeff!

Comment

• MAn, that first picture is fricken glorious! Tunnel ram, straight axle, Keystones! gives me a warm fuzzy in my no-no region....
                                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                                X