68 Road Runner "The Motovator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great looking car, nice progress!
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Progress is slow, but I have the engine, and transmission in the car now.

Comment

• Slow progress is better than no progress.
        Looking sweet!

Comment

• The engine in the car, now runs. Here is a short start up video.

Firing up the Road Runner for the first time in 40 years.

Been busy on the car, just not much that shows up big in photo's. The passenger side glass, is in, along with the windshield. Still have the rear glass, and driver side to install. Attached is the passenger door, inside the car.

I'm HOPING to test the car, the weekend after Labor Day. Still a bunch to do, but it's getting closer.

Comment

• Awesome, that's major progress! But I need to remind you, HOPE is not a viable strategy. There is a dinner at stake, you need a plan.

Comment

• Good to see the project moving along. It's becoming an amazing build.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                Awesome, that's major progress! But I need to remind you, HOPE is not a viable strategy. There is a dinner at stake, you need a plan.
                With the way my competition works, I have PLENTY of time to win that steak dinner.

Comment

• This last weekend, I painted, wet sanded, and buffed the trunk lid, and got it installed. Last night the rear window was installed, and I have the steering almost 100% completed. About the only things left to do, are finish the driver side door glass, and door panels, bleed the brakes (which HEMI Joel is helping with tomorrow), install the drive shaft, drivers seat, and install my old hood from my other car for now, and it's ready for the race track.

Comment

• Looking wonderful!
                    Dan

Comment

• How do you like that lift under the car?
                      I don't have the height for a bigger two post, and I'd been looking at these as an option to make my life easier.

Comment

• The lift is worth every bit for what I paid for it. Makes life so much easier.

Comment

• Is that the RMR6?

Comment

• Jeff, congrats on the awesome first outing with the road runner!

Comment

• Thanks Joel!

As Joel said, I got the car finished, and took it out for its first pass on s dragstrip in 40 years. It went very well with only a couple of minor hiccups, but overall it was a huge success. The car runs dead straight, and works well. I made 6 passes total, and every one except the first checkout pass, was in the nine second range. My best pass came first round of eliminations on Sunday, with a 9.72 @ 138mph. Too bad my day was done with a -.008 redlight.

Comment

• Looks excellent, Jeff! I love that there's just barely any front tire on the ground at launch - perfect! You'll be running low 1's before you know it. Mutt does like 18 seconds in the 1/8th - NOT a drag car.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X