No announcement yet.

Orangutruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 pages and I still haven't even put the license plates on it.

but

question:

I have air bags from the Buick Sedanet (was going to use, now I'm just going to use coilovers because it's simpler).... a 4 bar rear and a set of airbag-over-shock for the front... but what is a better design? a 4 bar set up (triangulated) or the long arm? I'm thinking the long arm would be better.... but I do have both and a welder....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• If long arms are good enough for NASCAR........

Comment

• That's been my thought all along, but someone I respect who does suspensions suggested otherwise so I figured I'd run it up the proverbial flag pole.

Comment

• Long arm geometry is to die for............its the packaging that is tricky. 4-links are a compromise by that definition, differing arcs of travel as compared to the driveline.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• so tomorrow I'm getting front tires - which means I need to fix a transmission leak and get the tires off the back of the Buick (never fear, I have 33x18 Mickey Thompsons already for it... these are just paint-rollers.

leaky pan

apparently the picture I took of the new, cast pan installed didn't make the transition...

front attached

rear tires

Comment

• Tires look kinda narrow!

Comment

• I know, right!

Comment

• tires/wheels.... and now considering a 6/8 on bags.... nothing extreme, mind you ;)

oh, and I picking up a 5.3 tomorrow. I have some turbos from a failed advice (don't ask).... gonna go hunt me some fast cars and take their car payment.

Comment

• Was just watching the Hot Rod Garage episode where they added the single turbo to the 5.3 they put in that disco era Camaro they are building.....Very impressive numbers for a relatively simple set up and a short parts list....560 to the wheels if memory served.....You might need more tire out back with twins.....
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Look what I found, a dog. He's not helpful when pulling dashes

and the other problem... no lights. Interestingly it was 2 problems. One this

but the other I've now seen twice
                      the headlights were on when it got in an accident, and just like dropping a light bulb breaks filaments, it blows out lights. Which brings up another issue, the PO said it was hit while sitting beside the street.... uh no, not unless you left the lights on

anyway, parts ordered.

Comment

• let there be lights

unfortunately, the speedometer issue is something in the gauge cluster.... which, I guess is fine since my plan is LS motor and 4 speed automatic transmission...

Comment

• I was kind of hoping you'd put a Buick in this, just not a dog napping on the seat, more like a 430, under the hood.
                          Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                          1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                          1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

• would be a waste of a perfectly good 430

Comment

• Summit has $1299 350 long blocks.... seems like a no brainer with a 700r4 perhaps? I dont know what junkyard LS cost or what they take to make work - are you doing another EFI or a new intake and carb on top of the LS? 4.8 or 5.3? or 6.0?
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• I still think it needs a 4.2 Atlas I6...
                                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
                                X