No announcement yet.

Orangutruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been another day where a 20 mile long burnout powered by a BBC would be really helpful.... Super Chevy just did an article on turbo charging a Gen V 454 and got something like 800+ hp out of it (meaning, it's more like 600 for us mere mortals) - but those things are cheap and they did it relatively cheaply.... screw gas mileage?

The other thought is an all-motor 11:1 compression BBC with a solid roller cam with reasonable specs like .600 .600 106 LSA and 280 duration.... it'd be basically undriveable.... but who cares?
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 24, 2016, 10:19 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Be weird, Atlas I6 with turbo and tell people it's a 6JZ.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• BBB

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          BBB

Dan
          That goes in the....BUICK!

Comment

• Had one in my '80 Chevy PU. Worked REALLY well and was an easy fit. Wife #2 got it in the divorce (so she could tow the horse trailer which she also got) but immediately sold it for next to nothing along with the trailer. I coulda kilt her but it was hers to do with as she pleased.

They actually made a number of BBBs.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; October 25, 2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• this? on racingjunk...
              For Sale: Duramax LB7 / Allison 1000 Complete Engine & Transmissio

$6,500

Viewing 1 of 1

ITEM DETAILS

Condition
              Used

DESCRIPTION

Price reduction was $7500 now $6500 Above Added: Mon October 10, 2016, 5:24 am EST

Complete 6.6L Duramax turbo diesel LB7 engine (VIN #1 2001 - 2004 GMC / Chevrolet) with Allison 1000 5 speed 2WD automatic transmission, can hear and drive, still in crew cab parts truck. Includes all ancillaries turbo / starter / alternator / PCM / TCM, complete wiring harness, etc. etc...this is a full swap package. Truck has 295,000 miles, perfect engine and transmission. Buyer removes at $7500. Also available rims / tires / 3/4 ton rear end, interior etc. Call John for details at (239) 645 1306.
              ADDITIONAL DETAILS

Trades
              Accepted
              Try Me?

Payment Options
              Cash

Phone #
              (239) 645-1306

Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• to answer the implied questions:
                no
                Buicks belong in Buicks
                Diesels belong in 1 ton trucks

all you all are just not right, what you propose ain't natural and an abomination against nature. sickos.

Comment

• Need to clean up your grammar "All Y'all are just not right..."
                  Central TEXAS Sleeper
                  USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• I'm talking about inbreds, and you're concerned about grammar?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      to answer the implied questions:
                      no
                      Buicks belong in Buicks
                      Diesels belong in 1 ton trucks

all you all are just not right, what you propose ain't natural and an abomination against nature. sickos.
                      Um, wait a minute. You're the guy who put a weird Diesel in a Land Rover and then put a Chevrolet in a Toyota. So you've just called yourself an "inbred". Who am I to argue?

Dan

Comment

Um, wait a minute. You're the guy who put a weird Diesel in a Land Rover and then put a Chevrolet in a Toyota. So you've just called yourself an "inbred". Who am I to argue?

Dan

Now wait a minute there, I did put a diesel in a Land Rover; but that's a special exception because it was the inbreds in the UK (e.g. Mad Gordie) who did it first I was merely saving a Buick motor from a fate worse then death (electrical fire). As for the Toyota, it was a Chevy designed motor that I replaced - thus all I did was update the engine.... so HA, take that!
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 29, 2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• You're flailing here......

Dan

Comment

You're flailing here......

Dan
                            You forgot t mention the Fiat / Cadillac V6...and so did SBG, and if I remember correctly there was a GS with a 454 in it at some point... but you kettles and pots carry on.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong - I'm in favor of mixed parts. I've teased that if I got another Camaro I'd put an FE in it - or maybe a Packard. Just to PO the purists!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

You forgot t mention the Fiat / Cadillac V6...and so did SBG, and if I remember correctly there was a GS with a 454 in it at some point... but you kettles and pots carry on.

You're clearly confused - the paint rack has something in it; but it's a static piece so completely irrelevant. As for the GS - you're confusing me with someone else...

Comment

Working...
                                X