No announcement yet.

Orangutruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I prbably am a little confused... it wasn't a BBC, but it was a Chevy... "- the Buick has a blown sbc in it (the 455 is safely sitting in my garage); the Studebaker has a 500 cubic in caddy; "
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I loved that Studebaker in 4x4 form.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        I prbably am a little confused... it wasn't a BBC, but it was a Chevy... "- the Buick has a blown sbc in it (the 455 is safely sitting in my garage); the Studebaker has a 500 cubic in caddy; "

and what was the result of that car? I bought it with a 350 chevy in it.... ran it with a 350, blown 355, the a blown (figurative and quite literally) 406, then what was the last one? oh yeah, a Buick motor. Just like the Land Rover, I removed the Buick and replaced it was a very smokey English thing. No Buick in Chebby. It's no bueno.
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 30, 2016, 05:59 PM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          I loved that Studebaker in 4x4 form.

I was over it when it left.

Comment

• A bit of love happened, then I got stopped

test fit.... then I notice the top bend is completely gone... ut oh

I really was going to order the inner - but convinced myself not to because from the bottom it looks totally fine and is solid...

fortunately, I'm still waiting for the other side rocker so this was just a start - plus, I need to haul a christmas tree - and this beast gets the nod for that (and it's supposed to snow tomorrow, so it should be entertaining)

Comment

• rust repair...ugh...we are looking forward to that as well(not)
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• yes, but because it's so popular those rockers are $20 a piece to replace and another $10 for the inner.... if i wanted to replace the floorpan? $35

Comment

• I like AMD, ever since I got the panels for my Skylark I've thought their cost/quality was steller. They even send it in huge boxes

mind you, I got the same part, other side, in a box 2/3rds the size

I would love AMD if they'd put a blasted air bag or three like Summit did with the one they sent me in a box 2/3rd its size

Fortunately these are so cheap (like 20 bucks) that it's pointless to call them and whine (like I did with the Buick parts).... but why they don't put something in the box to keep it from rattling around is beyond my comprehension. As you can imagine, the Summit part came without damage.... That said, I wonder how cheap these things are to them because the box had to cost at least $10.00....

Comment

• The kid gets all his parts delivered here as someone is always home... Some vendors do well, some the boxes come apart..

Comment

• so continuing with my slow progress
                      parts

to say it took very little effort to remove these would be an understatement

onward tomorrow.

Comment

• Looks like they fell right off?

Comment

• I could have knocked them off with a pick.

Comment

• fitting, take 1

take 2

fitting the back piece

more trimming... I'd like to do all the holes in one shot, but no.... better/easier to do it this way.... especially since I have a lift

for what it's worth - that back piece lines up with the bottom of the upper bend on the floorboard.... there will be more pieces added

that said, bitter experience has taught me that taking an extra evening and reinstalling the door a couple times during the fitment is time well spent

Sunday I think I'm illuminating a Jeep - or fixing whatever I break on Saturday.... so this may get another break

Comment

• illumination by application of a flame ignition device???
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• dangerous question as it's my wife's Heep.

Comment

Working...
                                X