Orangutruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

You know, it's interesting, but folks our age like the short bed. under 30? they like long beds. Of course, folks under 30 have (generally) less money then the ones over 40.... but if you stack two beside each other, one LWB one SWB, in equal condition and equal price... the decision of which they'd take follows what I said before.
    hmmm... I don't know. Generally speaking, I don't think so - at least not around here. A neighbor of mine had a nice long bed truck of this era that he struggled to sell for $5 grand, and it would have easily been a 10 to 15 thousand dollar truck if it were a short bed. It was really nice.

Comment

compare to this

I think long beds look sleeker... but I'm an outlier.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

but it's a blown, 383 custom suspension truck...

Comment

I like the long beds... though I also want a Longhorn (long bed + 6in) so I can stretch the cab in the middle by 6in and get me farther from the steering wheel and maybe some room behind the seats for keeping gun cases and basic tools out of general line of sight.

I want a 72 Green Cheyenne Longhorn (which is C/K 20 and 30) 2WD as the starting point for something close to my Good'Ole Friend truck above.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
            I like the long beds... though I also want a Longhorn (long bed + 6in) so I can stretch the cab in the middle by 6in and get me farther from the steering wheel and maybe some room behind the seats for keeping gun cases and basic tools out of general line of sight.

I want a 72 Green Cheyenne Longhorn (which is C/K 20 and 30) 2WD as the starting point for something close to my Good'Ole Friend truck above.

I like that idea, a lot... but alas, time is not something I have extra of.

Comment

1963 - 1972 C10 Chevy Trucks - Custom Independent Front Suspension - Plain Package

Now Available!!
              TCI Engineering’s The Brand New Bolt on Custom Independent Front Suspension (IFS) with RideTech Coil-Overs. This complete assembly is engineered for:
              1963 - 1972 C10 Chevy Trucks

To View More Details About This Product
              Please Click Onto The Product Image

$4,895.00 (USD)
              $3,995.00 (USD)

1963 - 1972 C10 Chevy Truck – Coil-Over Torque Arm Rear Suspension - With Out Sway Bar – ½ Ton Only.

TCI Engineering’s The Brand New Coil-Over Torque Arm Rear Suspension complete assembly is engineered for:
              1963 - 1972 C10 Chevy Trucks

To View More Details About This Product
              Please Click Onto The Product Image

$2,599.00 (USD)
              $2,339.00 (USD)

Just sayin' i would try this with a SBC low buck with a small underhood roots blower, 4l60e, and modern creature comforts...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

by the time you buy EFI, a computer for the transmission, and do the work on the motor - it'd be cheaper to simply buy a drop-out LS motor and transmission... then no "find the bracket" issue with putting a/c on the early motor. not only that, but then you have a stronger bottom-end for turbo(s)
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 16, 2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

happy dance. 5 gallons gas, a new battery and a touch of the ether .... it runs, it runs very well. I may pull the motor and reseal it because it's pretty clear it's leaking from a few places... but why change what runs well? next up, throw the transmission in.

Comment

Not surprising... People junk pretty good stuff..
                    Hope your tranny is good..

Comment

it has no transmission, or I should say, it didn't come with a transmission... that was why it got parked. the prior owner was "driving down the street" and the transmission stopped working. He did an excellent job of wrapping all the parts (after disassembly) in plastic and put them in the bed. In reviewing the now-very-rusty-internal-parts, it's pretty clear the transmission was fine, but the torque converter had failed.... I guess I'm impressed that he managed to completely pull it apart. I'm not impressed because there was nothing wrong with what was inside the transmission....

I have a transmission, when I pulled the blown (and blown up), SBC out of my 1970 Buick Skylark the transmission was built and worked well... that's going back in the truck. Cost = two seals and transmission fluid.

Comment

Again.. Not surprised.
                        Was given a Rabbit to use for a gas saver and not the flatbed everywhere.. I was tired, didn't really understand what the mechanic was saying but later my kid said he talked to the guy and says he told me it needed a coil.. I was junking 6-8 VW,s from his shop a trip.. Maybe 12 trips in all..
                        When the county is on your ass, bad decisions are made.. Like a 55 gallon drum of ramhorn manifolds... Siiigh..

Comment

You have any better pics of the new truck? Looks like a great deal (I'm assuming you got it for a song).
                          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                          79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

$550 is what I paid for it..... eventually I'll get better pictures up....

Comment

You're killing me here Smalls.

Aaaagh!!!!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

About $100-200 over scrap price... Nice deal !

Comment

Working...
                                X