No announcement yet.

Orangutruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel Mystery Oil in the oil helps to un-gum old engines. It can un-stick rings and clean away carbon from around the rings, and clean lots of carbon and sludge from around the whole engine. The down side is that if the engine is really crusty, it can free so much stuff that it can clog the oil pump pickup.
    Will the oil pan come off the engine inside those trucks, or is the cross member in the way?

Comment

That's a good question. There is far more access than most cars, but the front part may still be tight.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

this is a work truck, the proper fix for an oil leak is a couple quarts behind the seat and park it on gravel. Bonus is there is weed-control in those spots.

this truck will get a decent set of tires/wheels (to give it the "I'm working on it" vibe rather than the "I'm just in it to sell meth" vibe) and nothing else for the foreseeable future
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 21, 2015, 08:33 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Your are ditching those lovely whitewall smeared rollers?

Those are interesting.....I've seen lots of white bleeding from whitewalls, but never where a matched set made all of the black, white.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

for the cost of shipping, they could be yours

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              this is a work truck, the proper fix for an oil leak is a couple quarts behind the seat and park it on gravel. Bonus is there is weed-control in those spots.

this truck will get a decent set of tires/wheels (to give it the "I'm working on it" vibe rather than the "I'm just in it to sell meth" vibe) and nothing else for the foreseeable future
              So it's the "Look at the lipstick I put on this pig" thread?

Unless they're dry rotted, you could always flip the tires. My definition of work truck = minimal investment, now get to work. Of course, I don't have to keep up appearances for anyone but myself, and I have been known to have pretty low standards.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

dry rotted

and yes, this pig gets lipstick.... cheap lipstick.
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 21, 2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  Hmmm, so when someone sticks a turbo or two on an LS motor in the cavernous engine compartment, you die? then you probably don't want to follow along - just for your own safety because I wouldn't want to be the person to shorten your life; not even a little bit ;)
                  Thanks for your concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Criscobath View Post

Thanks for your concern.

Comment

Interesting. Your clutch linkage Z bar and block bracket are different than mine. You can get the pan out, but you would have to unbolt the motor and trans mission mounts bolts to lift it up a bit. Seeing that you have the SM465 iron four speed, then the trans tunnel plate may need removing to raise it up very far. the trans is right below it.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott, are you going to lower your truck?

Comment

No plans to do so.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I like torque thrust wheels, but I think any open spoke wheel when you have drum brakes looks a bit odd - so I'm going with Rallys

bonus is I still have the rings and caps from the Buick along with 295/50 15 tires that are nearly new... problem, though, is those tires are on the 50 Buick... so I'll have to find something else for it to roll on... and better front tires. I have tires, but they are old, very old....

Comment

sounds like a great choice for rolling stock!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

so during the "wait for paint to dry" phase of the FJ, I did a bit of cleaning on this one...

just a bit of scrubbing.. what a difference

Buick isn't sure

I didn't take a picture of how greasy the motor was, but the purple stuff did an amazing job....

Comment

Working...
                                X