Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

A useable Chevy truck with the transmission in the bed, wrapped in plastic, faulted only by a minor issue? Sounds like you bought it from someone I know. Curious to see how this one goes...and glad to see that it can escape that freaking ski slope you call a driveway!
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I've driven it... twice.... not sure what you're concerned about ;)

You know, Bryan, it's even cooler when you buy the truck and it's on Google Maps because it's sat there so long.

So the plans.... drive the flipping wheels off it (just as soon as I get tires put on them).... I'm going to take it to my friend to do a transmission re-seal, but outside of that... this is how it's going to be rocked for awhile... I may even fade some hand-painted lettering on the door.... but honestly, this truck has earned its faded paint and will get a full makeover eventually... but until then, there is something cathartic about driving a truck that screams "I don't have insurance" and "I'm homicidal" ... to that vein, what should the faded door signs say?
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 11, 2016, 04:38 PM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

for your fun

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

Comment

I'm hearing some old-timer giving directions:

Turn right where Clem's barn used to be
            Keep going 'till you pass that old red GM or Chevy (can't remember which) pickup. Might be orange. You can't miss it.
            Drive another 2 or 3 blocks...........

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; January 11, 2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              I've driven it... twice.... not sure what you're concerned about ;)

You know, Bryan, it's even cooler when you buy the truck and it's on Google Maps because it's sat there so long.

So the plans.... drive the flipping wheels off it (just as soon as I get tires put on them).... I'm going to take it to my friend to do a transmission re-seal, but outside of that... this is how it's going to be rocked for awhile... I may even fade some hand-painted lettering on the door.... but honestly, this truck has earned its faded paint and will get a full makeover eventually... but until then, there is something cathartic about driving a truck that screams "I don't have insurance" and "I'm homicidal" ... to that vein, what should the faded door signs say?

For the scary look, you need to add a home made bumper made of a steel I beam will kill a cow.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It looks like folks will pass you at all costs THEN SLOW DOWN 5 mph slower than you were going before they passed!
                Guaranteed!
                Last edited by Deaf Bob; January 11, 2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Just curious....is the option sticker still on the inside of the glove box door....? I'd love to see what this thing came with.

Comment

there is something cathartic about driving a truck
                    I've said these words more than once. I don't know exactly what the appeal is. It is much deeper than my shallow mind can comprehend.... but bombing around in an old pickup is good for the soul.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That's great! As for the door signs...maybe something along the lines of a butcher shop? It has that plausible feel, but the imagery of gigantic knives and the willingness to cut through meat and bone...
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

"Aaron's Hound-Dog and Shot Gun Ranch"

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post

That's great! As for the door signs...maybe something along the lines of a butcher shop? It has that plausible feel, but the imagery of gigantic knives and the willingness to cut through meat and bone...

lol@peanut gallery

thanks for the print

Comment

How about something a bit closer to home....

"Doowee Cheatem & Howe, Attorneys at law"

Or Perhaps more along the lines of

"Deep woods Fabrication" "Buicks Rescue dog training" or the like.

295s all the way around???
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

SBC - Let me say it was great to see this project on the front page. You do interesting stuff even if there's too much Chevy involved!

Dan

Comment

but you missed the Buick involvement

Comment

Working...
                                X