Orangutruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
    I was referring to the towing of the skid steer. 3/4 and heavier trucks often come with stiffer springs and lower gears. I had a 95 F150 it would pull my car trailer, and haul anything I put in the back, but I use my truck for a truck not a car. So I like having more than I need over enough to get the job done.
    Yep.
    If I were to only rarely tow something heavy or tow something under 3000 lbs regularly, a 1/2 ton is fine. If I were to tow heavy stuff regularly, I'd rather have more truck. For most of what I do, my 1/2 ton is just fine. When I was towing my car, weekly, to the track, I had a 3/4 ton. Heavier duty trucks weigh more, have bigger brakes, and are safer in a panic situation.

Comment

• Lots of times the tires on a half ton are the limiting factor on a half tons weight carrying / towing capacity. The ones that are on that truck now , well you get the idea . I just wish I could fine a cab of this style truck . I'd build truck around it.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• I think y'all have been watching too many commercials. Until you get to medium duty trucks, they're all the same. Tires, frames, steering, brakes...
        and on that vein, if you are relying on your truck to stop your trailer, in most states, that would be a reckless driving citation. Your trailer brakes must stop 90% of the load... if they don't, that is reckless driving (which is a misdemeanor and potential jail time)... I like how one cop labeled it - DUI for people who are stupid sober.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
          Lots of times the tires on a half ton are the limiting factor on a half tons weight carrying / towing capacity. The ones that are on that truck now , well you get the idea . I just wish I could fine a cab of this style truck . I'd build truck around it.
          Let me know when you want to come get it....

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• We have some decent ones here, too, Dan. When you're serious I'll find you one and we can trailer it back to Indy.

Dan

Comment

• Ohio isn't that far from Indy, and a cab will fit in a truck bed. Just saying......seriously.....oh, and I prefer '67s
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• little windows?

Comment

• http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                    Ohio isn't that far from Indy, and a cab will fit in a truck bed. Just saying......seriously.....oh, and I prefer '67s

I thought you preferred dungeons...
                    about about preference - I'm not sure it means what you think it means. Preference means you choose one over another - not that you one of all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      I thought you preferred dungeons...
                      about about preference - I'm not sure it means what you think it means. Preference means you choose one over another - not that you one of all of them.
                      That's why I like the smaller windowed '67s......been dungeonally instutionalized.

Sell that Diesel swap project yet?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• that motor is going into a project I haven't bought yet. When I started my FJ40, I mentioned I wish I could put that 300 tdi in the FJ.... but at the time, the other member of my household disagreed... now she has a Joke... err.. a JK so that isn't an issue. My plan is find an FJ40 and replace her joke with an diesel FJ. The issue with the Land Rover is wiring... short of flying to england and removing a harness - I've not found a way to make this work... or at least not a way that I'm willing to pursue

Comment

• On a cab. Im looking in the area of 500 bucks. I have a brother in love that would love to get me the front end stuff. I want a flat bed one ton when done . He had me in a nice 67 3 spd 6 popper long bed in powder blue till my oldest daughter ran out of money to fund college .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• They're parting a flat bed early truck at Lake Stevens Upullit. It certainly wouldn't be worth sending across the country - however, I bet you could find entire trucks pretty cheap closer to you....

Comment

• Welcome to the Club Aaron, they are great trucks..
                              The Green Machine.
                              http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

• The '67's with the small back window do deminish rear visibility. Also, repro parts are lacking.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X