Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I strive to keep an orderly shop and work area. Put stuff away so I can find it next time. 9 times out of 10 I can't find it again.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    I must confess, I can waist 20-30 minutes looking for parts, tools, half warm beers, (sure sign of alcoholism, have 2 beers open) that I just had in my hands.
    I must be a quarter inch from Alzheimer's !!
    As for any Rusty Iron Junkie's bench, mine builds up to the point, in a fit of frustration,
    I STOP EVERYTHING....... Clear it off....
    And it's like a Archeological Site Dig.......
    peel, it down in layers, first is untangling the cords of the power tools, then finding all sorts of nuts, bolts, parts, that you gave up on and went out and got more, then hand tools, especially sockets........And "There my Beer"...two days gone flat.....
    Well, you all know the Drill.......LOL
    Last edited by Captain; February 2, 2020, 06:36 AM. Reason: Auto correct doesn't speak Gear Head !!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Where is the #%ег wrench I just laid down... My kid: "I heard it hit the floor"
    liars, all of them, they may have hit the floor but quantum fields won't tell you whether that floor is under your car or in a shop you used 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Where is the #%ег wrench I just laid down... My kid: "I heard it hit the floor"

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Sam has that tool and Ziggy is working on it. Al is off chasing a skirt like usual.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Chris, what's wrong with your bench? I seem to be able to see some sort of flat, clean material under the wiring, tape, etc. I see none of that on either of my benches.

Dan
    such a joker, we all know that my benches don't really exist and that the stuff is held in place by a quantum field (which also explains how my tool can be there one second, the no where to be found the next....

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I found this online as an option to speed things up. Not sure about quality as reviews are scarce. Price is right at $322 though.

https://www.ebay.com/i/123885284857?...CABEgJ3yPD_BwE

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	1261440

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Chris, what's wrong with your bench? I seem to be able to see some sort of flat, clean material under the wiring, tape, etc. I see none of that on either of my benches.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Here it is as of today. I have pruned out everything I don't need and added a couple of wires for fan control. Now I need to order some wire to extend the power wires and buy a fuse block and relays to complete the "new" harness. I'll need to shorten the O2 and MAF sensor wires once I get those located.

Name:	IMG_5418.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	1261437

Name:	IMG_5419.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	1261436

Name:	IMG_5417.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	1261435

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I've spent a bit of time with wiring:

Name:	IMG_5323.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	1261431

Name:	IMG_5325.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	1261433

First batch of wires removed:

Name:	IMG_5324.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	1261432

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    The block and rotating bits are at a different machine shop so that the honing for the .005 over pistons can be done with a torque plate and the rotating bits can be balanced. I'm hoping to get that back next week. I returned these rockers because there was play (excessive clearance) between the bearing and the shaft:

Name:	PCE261.1251.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1261428

I'm leaning towards these as they will fit under the factory valve covers:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...stionsanswers/

Name:	sum-141556_us_xl.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1261429

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Progress to report:

Heads are done. New intake valves, seals and springs.

Name:	IMG_5404.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	1261425

Name:	IMG_5405.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	1261426

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Listen is the term that you hear their voice and respond, appropriately to their words. 'Listen' (air quotes) means you hear buzzing but no rational words.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    You listen?!
    Listen is the term that you hear their voice and respond, appropriately to their words. 'Listen' (air quotes) means you hear buzzing but no rational words.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    You listen?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X