Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    It's been about 6 months since my last post on this project and the only thing I've done to it is stack building materials on, under and around it. The 4 season porch is nearly complete and we are starting on the master suite. It looks like we are going to be able to do Power Tour this year and I'd really like to take the truck. Unfortunately, I need to finish up the home improvement project as well as the following for the truck:

LS Swap - including new dual exhaust
    AC
    Body Mounts
    Interior / Seat, Carpet, dash, seat belts, sill plates
    Radio / Speakers
    Lowering front and rear (probably 5/6)
    Tires (current rubber is about 8 years old)

I'm going to try to spend some time on it each week, but I'm not real confident we can make it happen. Current state of the project:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1912.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	1186327

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    If so more money for the project.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Thanks Guys! I'll try to start a house thread soon. Picked up the transmission yesterday, rebuilt and upgraded. It should be overbuilt for the immediate needs. Also scored a fan setup from an 05-07 truck with relays and wiring, although I'm not sure it will fit. It's probably to big.

Name:	IMG_0913.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	1167327

Leave a comment:

• hauen
    replied
    What Dan said.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    It's a "GO" on the home improvement thread! You MUST include SOMETHING from the Suburban into the new deck just because. Maybe the glove box lid or something? I like the super stout frame you have up so far but I have a thing for "stout".

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I took off work yesterday to work on the house. Here is what it looked like 2 weeks ago:

Name:	IMG_0772.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	271.3 KB
ID:	1166861

Yesterday:

Name:	IMG_0889.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	1166862

Anyone interested in a home improvement thread?

I also sold the wheel off the Suburban for $30 so we are up $182!

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    In the midst of starting full on house addition project we sold the trailer hitch from the Suburban. + $20. $152 ahead!

Got the motor on the stand last weekend. Unfortunately, it was to make room (garage cleanup) for the aforementioned house project (details later). This likely means that the truck will be back burnered for a few months.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    cool

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Back from Power Tour a couple of days early and just sold the rear end for $180. That puts us $132 ahead.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Sold the door shell and mirror this weekend for $40. $48 to break even.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Why not keep the tail lights?
    I thought about it but one was cracked and the other was weathered. No sales this weekend but I did drop off the transmission at the rebuilders. We are planning on some minor upgrades depending on what we find inside the case. The trans was not original to the Suburban as the sticker on it shows that it is an 05' unit (Burb was an 03').

Name:	IMG_0470.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	1161014

This engraving on the bellhousing makes me think it may have been rebuilt at some point.

Name:	IMG_0471.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	1161015

We drained the fluid and pulled the pan and those both looked good. I'm hoping some of the internals have been upgraded assuming it was rebuilt.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Why not keep the tail lights? $88 is close enough, can't believe it still weighted 3200! Wow!
    Hmmm? 90 Suburban with 2 hefty people, my tool box, almost a month's groceries weigh 7300lbs.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Why not keep the tail lights? $88 is close enough, can't believe it still weighted 3200! Wow!

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Sold the window, door panel and the power mechanism out of the Suburban door today for $50. Still have the shell to sell. $88 to the break even point.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    The sale came off without a hitch! (The Devil made me type that......)

Dan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X