Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Finally tackled the rear brakes. The side with the bad wheel cylinder was a disgusting mess. The other side had significant gunk as well but at least it was dry. Bad side:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8503.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	1103150

Parts after cleaning:

Name:	IMG_8504.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	1103152

Name:	IMG_8505.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	1103149

Reassembled:

Name:	IMG_8507.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	1103151

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    any chance the nova's longtubes will fit the truck?
    I'd bet they would, but with my plans to lower the truck I suspect I would have the same issues.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    any chance the nova's longtubes will fit the truck?

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    We picked up the start of the dual exhaust a few weeks ago:

Name:	IMG_8258.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	1100737

Name:	IMG_8259.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	1100736

Scored them off Craigslist for $50. We already have a pair of Flowmasters and some pipe left over from the Mustang project. Oddly enough, these are the part number for the Camaro and will probably work on the Nova as well. I'm actually planning on installing something similar on the Nova as it has long tubes that hit speedbumps and such on a fairly regular basis.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Cool Chris! It'll be fun to see how everything comes out. My last one was a '80 that started life with a Diesel. In MI the bodies of the Diesels held up pretty well 'cause they wouldn't start in salt weather! I installed a BBB and a TH400. That was many moons ago.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    No progress on the truck this weekend but I did score some "ink" on the main page!

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    So we decided to rebuild the 700r4 for the truck as that fits better with the long term goals and it makes sense to not spend $ on the TH350C if that is the case. While having that debate (mostly internal) we needed to buy another $500 worth of stuff to do the Camaro Top replacement "right". Then we factor in the need for tires for the Nova (rears are 12 years old and fronts are 14) and we will be patching up the leaks as best and cheaply as we can in order to put off the 700r4 conversion to a later date.

In other news, one of the rear wheel cylinders has let loose and doused the shoes. I was hoping to turn the drums, but there was not enough meat left to work with so I have new wheel cylinders, drums and shoes on the bench waiting for me. I'm not expecting to get to any fun stuff on the truck for quite a while at this point.
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; May 2, 2016, 08:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• >>>>head
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

With an outdoor privvy, no less
    some junkies just are born with a spoon, for the rest of us .......................

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    nice call on the tires! I run AT3s on the ZR2 and they wear like iron... excellent tires!

Leave a comment:

• yellomalibu
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
    Joe and Patrick - Thanks for the tire suggestions. The tires on it are Cooper Cobras 255/70 R15.

Big Dave - Looking forward to seeing your truck in person on Power Tour this year.
    I like the 255/70 on an 8" rim for these trucks. 29" tall something close to 8" tread. I couldn't find a 255/70 with a decent "truck" tread last time I needed tires, so I went with the 31/10.50 in a Michelin LTX M/S which do a great job of filling up the wheel wells, are great in rain and sand, and last a long time. The down side is they killed gas mileage and acceleration due to my 2.73 gear... really good on the interstate - but I spend most of my time around town pulling a trailer.

Since getting them, I have discovered treaddepot.com, and see that Cooper makes their AT3 in the 255/70. These will likely be my next set of tires. I keep hearing good things about them.
    Only $115, while the Michelins were $200 each.

Leave a comment:

• Stewzer55
    replied
    It's getting pretty hard to find a good set of 15" tires, really thinking about Cooper Cobras for when the craptastic tires wear out on the Olds.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Got mine while driving this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1097572[/ATTACH]
    With an outdoor privvy, no less

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Joe and Patrick - Thanks for the tire suggestions. The tires on it are Cooper Cobras 255/70 R15.

Big Dave - Looking forward to seeing your truck in person on Power Tour this year.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Hooked my wife while driving it.....guess so!
    Got mine while driving this:

Name:	Bessie 4.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1097572
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Big Dave
    replied
    My truck engine....496 CI BIG Block and these seat came out of a '90 Tahoe. Should be able to find them easy at the local U PULL IT.
    Last edited by Big Dave; April 14, 2016, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X