Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver_bullet
    replied
    If you are looking for something a bit more reasonable, try a 275/60R15... it is a taller tire that is a bit narrower and would fill the wheel openings nicely!
    275/60-15
    Cooper
    Cooper Cobra Radial GT P 275 /60 R15 107T SL RWL (Reading the Tire Size)

All-season cosmetic performance tire.

$119.00 each
    Add To Cart
    Found it Lower?
    Let us Know!

Use Your Discount Tire Credit Card to Qualify for a $40 Mail-in Rebate on a set of four
    Free Shipping
    Customer Rating
    For All Vehicles (25)

Read Reviews Write Review

Mileage Warranty 50,000 Miles
    Treadwear 440
    Traction A
    Temperature B
    Speed Rating T
    Availability In Stock

The Cobra Radial G/T is Cooper's all-season cosmetic performance tire that is targeted to buyers who prefer raised white-letter styling in an all-season tire. Available in a wide range of standard and low profile sizes, the Cobra G/T is especially popular with drivers of older domestic "muscle cars" who still want to retain the characteristic "look" of their vehicles.

Flat Tread Profile
    Optimum footprint shape helps distribute the vehicle load improving handling and overall wear.

Performance Tread
    Increased tire-to-road contact which leads to improvements in treadwear and handling.

50,000 Mile Treadwear Protection Limited Warranty (U.S. only)

Last edited by silver_bullet; April 14, 2016, 05:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RideTech_Ryan
    replied
    If you have any questions I can help with on the suspension feel free to let me know.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

That had to be quite the chick magnet!
    Hooked my wife while driving it.....guess so!

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    Look at Cooper Cobras...they have the look of the BFG T/A without the price....

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Yeah baby, yeah! (hi-jack over)

That had to be quite the chick magnet!

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Chris,
    Have you considered BFG Radial TA 295/50R15? It would fit the stock 15X8 wheel. I used to run 31X10,50X15 on my old C-10's
    Thanks for the recommendation. They are pretty proud of those suckers ($190 each). I do like the look of the RWL BFGs though and these are even wider than the 16" tires I specd above by 1.5". I will definitely keep those in mind.

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
    to run that short of a tire... you will need to SLAM that truck
    I suspect that you are correct and I also have the feeling that I should not go quite that far with it. Good thing I have plenty of time to figure it out. Patrick's recommendation may help me keep things on a more reasonable track when the time comes. Thanks for the input.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Stiny be PIMPIN in his PIMPMOBILE!

Yeah baby, yeah! (hi-jack over)

Leave a comment:

• 1badmonkey
    replied
    to run that short of a tire... you will need to SLAM that truck

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Fashions change...........

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Green and purple carpet!
    Stiny be PIMPIN in his PIMPMOBILE!

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Chris,
    Have you considered BFG Radial TA 295/50R15? It would fit the stock 15X8 wheel. I used to run 31X10,50X15 on my old C-10's

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Green and purple carpet!

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    That's great! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Underhood vacuum switch that takes the signal from the carb and completes the electrical signal to the transmission. Only allows lockup with high vacuum signal, and unlocks as soon as the signal drops (throttle blades open further)

Literally a ignition hot input and output.

Underdash showing the other end of the wires above.

I spliced a toggle switch into the circuit, and a indicator light so I could "see" the converter lock and unlock.

Black toggle is the one I used to control lockup. The red light below lights up when locked. Not necessary but interesting to watch at first......later was lots of fun as passengers would panic when the red light came on! Oh my!

Not much to it in reality. Very simple to figure out if already there, and very easy to add to a vehicle without th350c lockup from the factory.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    need to figure your tire diameter in to the overall gear ratio as well... I'd probably run a 3.42 with the OD 3.31 without...just my personal experience...3.73 works well with a 31 inch tire... about 2000 rpm at 70 mph...in OD...locked converter...
    As much as I like the stock rims that are on it, options for the 15" rim in a low profile wide tire are not good. Tires that are on it have like new tread but are 7 years old. The stock replacement tires are about 28.3 inches tall. When the time comes I am hoping to get a set of these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	wvi-38-501205_w.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1097220

Name:	wvi-1002-c-1_w.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1097219

and wrap them with these:

Name:	bfg_gforce_comp2as_pdpfull.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1097221

It's a 245/50 R16 - the same tire the Camaro takes. (cheap and available and not likely to go out of production soon - I hope) 25.7 inches tall with a 8.5 inch tread width and 10 inch section width. I'll probably want to lower it some first.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X