X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
    This just showed up:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1153062[/ATTACH]
    Are the miles right or will you have to send it back for one that is? (Looking for the DUH icon....)

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Are the miles right or will you have to send it back for one that is? (Looking for the DUH icon....)

Dan
      I may crack it open and set it to zero.
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Sold the motor and trans out if the 79 this weekend. A guy and his son needed it for their project and even helped me pull it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0184.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1153408

Got $450 for those and $100 for the rear bumper and the original grille insert:

Name:	IMG_0186.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	1153409
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Picked up this bumper at a local salvage yard. I got it cheap because it is a little mangled and did not have any brackets (mounting or license plate). Ordered up all that last week and waiting on the SS headed bumper bolts. I'll hammer out the mangled parts a little, but it should have the perfect look for what we are going for. Looking forward to seeing it on the truck.

Name:	IMG_0175.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	1153413

Name:	IMG_0177.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	1153412

Name:	IMG_0178.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	1153414
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Living in a seaside town our local hardware carries SS carriage bolts and about anything else in SS fasteners. It's great to just slide down the street to the ACE and pick up whatever I need! I do have to polish the heads if I want shiny chrome-ish but that's simple enough to do.

Dan

Comment

• Ace has great drawers. I was quite disappointed moving to the big city to find out the drawers at Home Depot flat suck. But the Ace a little bit further down the road has fantastic hardware drawers.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                Ace has great drawers. I was quite disappointed moving to the big city to find out the drawers at Home Depot flat suck. But the Ace a little bit further down the road has fantastic hardware drawers.
                Worse than that, most of the stuff in the drawers at Home Depot or Lowes is in a plastic bag, making it hard to find a matching nut or bolt.

Luckily we have ace and true value stores around here, with both having nice nut and bolt selections.

Comment

Ace has great drawers. I was quite disappointed moving to the big city to find out the drawers at Home Depot flat suck. But the Ace a little bit further down the road has fantastic hardware drawers.
                  Good thing you specified "hardware" drawers or some wag would have made some dumb-a$$ comment - they always do. At our Ace they actually have BINS of SS stuff. Being near the Atlantic anything else simply goes away in surprisingly short order at least at the beaches. We're far enough off the water that galvanized holds up OK (they have that, too) but I often get SS just 'cause it's there.

BTW - it still says you're in Ely.

Dan

Comment

• I wish I'd talked to you guys before I ordered $30 bolts for my $40 bumper! Hopefully I'll remember next time!
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• We got a farm store called "WILCO". Sells all by the pound.. No need to keep a running total of all the different sizes..

Comment

• We have a place called mendallson they sell bolts nuts washers all grades by the pound. They are a whole sell house they carry everything it is hard telling what you will find in this joint.
                        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Chris, if you keep selling parts off both trucks, Brian will have to move this thead to "The $5,000 BangShift Project Car Challenge" section
                          nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                            Chris, if you keep selling parts off both trucks, Brian will have to move this thead to "The $5,000 BangShift Project Car Challenge" section
                            I wish I could get that much out of the parts I don't need. I am looking around the garage for other things to sell though. My current detailed guesstimate is $5,500 before parts sales are figured in. This includes transmission rebuild (with minor upgrades), full exhaust (including headers), minor engine work (gaskets, oil pump, timing chain, used cam, tune up), new driveshaft and fuel system.
                            74 Nova Project
                            66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

I've found that to be true also. You'd think HD would have a awesome hardware but they don't. I found the Truevalue by work and home are pretty good. You know what else is disappointing? I was tired of the Chinesium nutz and boltz sold at them and looked up a commercial hardware warehouse to buy stuff. I found one and was hugely disillusioned when all the stuff they carried was the same crap Chinesium crap sold in hardware stores. What made it worse was the counter guy must have been hired from the bugerking next door. he had to clue what a flanged bolt was. I had to look it up on their web site on my phone to show him. He couldn't find them on his desk computer. Sad.
                              Last edited by Huskinhano; April 18, 2017, 05:04 PM.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• We've not gotten much done but I did sell an extra gas tank I had taking up space in the garage and the radio and instrument cluster from the 03. That adds another $210 to the cause. Total parts sales are $1,362 so the donor is paid for (even though it has not paid for itself yet). Still hoping to sell the remains for enough to break even on the donor. Current fund raising efforts:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...092683891.html

Discounts for BangShifters!
                                Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 20, 2017, 11:49 AM.
                                74 Nova Project
                                66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                                X