X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Chris, I'm not being a wise-acre here.....but how are guys calling or texting you from your Craigslist ad? I see no number?

You seem to have good luck selling stuff and I just want to make sure I'm not missing something?
    Thanks for letting me know. I missed clicking the phone and text boxes. Fixed now, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied
    Stiney hit the reply button at the top left, it gives you all the info

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Chris, I'm not being a wise-acre here.....but how are guys calling or texting you from your Craigslist ad? I see no number?

You seem to have good luck selling stuff and I just want to make sure I'm not missing something?

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Bumper before & after:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8082.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	1156030

Name:	IMG_0319.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	1156031

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Found some more stuff in the garage to sell. This one is easily shipped if anyone has a need:

Name:	IMG_0323.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	1156023

Could ship this batch of shifter stuff as well:

Name:	IMG_0321.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	1156025

Craigslist ad: https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...111559670.html
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    We did have some visible progress on the truck yesterday. Bumper mounting brackets and license plate bracket with new light installed:

Name:	IMG_0316.JPG
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	1156017

Bumper after some light sledge hammer work:

Name:	IMG_0318.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	1156020

Brackets loosely installed (Rock Auto had the best price on these by far)

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	1156019 :

Finished product:

Name:	IMG_0319.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	1156018

Now we need to mount the receiver:

Name:	IMG_0320.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	1156021

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Sold a 200r4 this weekend for $150. Got one of the exhaust manifold bolts out using a wire feed welder. The first one came out OK. The other, I could not get a solid weld on and only made a mess out of the head surface.
    . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	1156014

I tried to tape a washer to the head to protect it from my bad welding attempts but that did not work either.
    . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0328.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	1156015

A lot of the problem is operator error on the welders part. I can't see anything until a couple of seconds after the arc starts so I'm flying blind and making a mess. I'll pick up some extractors tomorrow and see if that will work.
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 30, 2017, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I ordered some stuff today:

Motor Mounts
    Trans X-member
    ECM Bracket
    Fuel Pump - WALBRO GSS341
    Fuel Tank -87 GM Truck - 20 gallon
    Fuel pickup assembly - 87 GM Truck
    Lower Hose - Gates 22437
    Belt - Gates K061015
    Upper Hose - Gates 23080
    Battery tray bracket - drivers side OE type - RA
    Hedman HuslerŪ LS Engine Swap Headers 45660
    Header Bolts - ARP 134-1102
    Percy's Seal-4-Good Header Gaskets 66032
    Gaskets - Oil Pan, Timing Cover, intake, throttle body, valve covers, rear main
    Oil pump
    Timing chain set
    Spark plugs
    Wires
    Oil filters

We are hoping to get the motor & trans separated this weekend and get the motor on the stand. Total project (LS Swap) spend to date is about $1,100 factoring in $1,700 in parts sales (donor parts sales and garage cleanup combined). The big items left are the transmission rebuild, driveshaft, tuning and exhaust (which is arguably not swap related now that the headers have been purchased).
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 30, 2017, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Ditto on welding on a nut. The heat does wonders.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Thanks for the ideas guys. Sold 2 motors we had taking up space in the garage. One had been there almost 15 years. The other was the one was from the Tahoe swap 6+ years ago (rod knock). $350 more for the cause.

Edit: As it turns out, the crate motor had 3 spun mains I did not know about. $ above adjusted accordingly.
    Last edited by 74NovaMan; April 26, 2017, 11:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by dieselhead View Post

I've never gotten a broken bolt out with a so called "easy out", broke every one of them. Buy a square tapered bolt extractor and it will work.
    Only way I ever got them out too..
    In a pinch, I sharpened the tang on a big file and used that after shortening it..
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; April 26, 2017, 10:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I had to pull several of those out in my H3 - aluminum head/aluminum block - and I was not looking forward to it at all. That said, it was probably the easiest extractions that I've ever done. Hold the nut over the top, mig weld the nut to the stud (it won't adhere to the aluminum), let it heatsoak for at least 10s then remove. There were 3 or 4 and all came out at just - over hand tight. The problem with those bolts was the metallurgy - they were too brittle so they popped apart under heat cycle. It's not the traditional steel-adhering to steel breakage, but simply failure of the material. Easy job. Not need for an easy-out

Leave a comment:

• dieselhead
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
    I'm guessing that in the original attempt to remove the bolts (not by me) they were very close to snapping at either spot and my gentle persuasion just finished the job. Now I need to get out the drill bits and easy outs (why do the call them that anyway, they almost never work and its almost never easy). I am really hoping I don't have to pull the heads and bring this one in for repairs.
    I've never gotten a broken bolt out with a so called "easy out", broke every one of them. Buy a square tapered bolt extractor and it will work.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Weld a nut on. The heat should brake them loose.

Language is pretty bad, so NSFW? or children or people who would be offended. I am sure there are others doing the same with out the potty mouth.
    Last edited by Russell; April 24, 2017, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    I'm guessing that in the original attempt to remove the bolts (not by me) they were very close to snapping at either spot and my gentle persuasion just finished the job. Now I need to get out the drill bits and easy outs (why do the call them that anyway, they almost never work and its almost never easy). I am really hoping I don't have to pull the heads and bring this one in for repairs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X