Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waffling on the EFI for roots blower on the Z/28 or workin on the 39 Plymouth truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waffling on the EFI for roots blower on the Z/28 or workin on the 39 Plymouth truck

Trying to figure out which project to resume......the Camaro is currently together and running but after 30yrs of carbs on the blower I have been gathering parts for the EFI setup and would be nice to have a new look for going to Cruisin The Coast in Oct........on the other hand I have had the most of the major parts to get the 39 atleast rolling on its own. One day I think I have my mind made up but then I will read or see something to make me decide to work on the other project.......damnit...... it sucks not being able to makeup my freaking mind plus both ways are still going to take a chunk of change

The camaro is running, get the truck running and then update the camaro. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

uh...yeah. Get the truck done, or unload it and spend the money and time on the Camaro.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        uh...yeah. Get the truck done, or unload it and spend the money and time on the Camaro.

So objective And true
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

MUST ....... HAVE......... PICTURES!!!!!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            MUST ....... HAVE......... PICTURES!!!!!

Dan
            Lol was just working on that

Comment

Ok here is the 39 Plymouth PT81......had a aftermarket frame, Mustang II, 9 inch and non running 305/700R4 in it when I bought it. While a lot of work was done on it all of it needs to be gone over (welds are very rough) and decided to not even waste any money getting the motor running after pulling the valve covers.

Comment

Have a complete 5.3, almost new Scion seats/console, set of new belltech S10 lowering springs and rims to go on it.

Comment

If the camaro runs - leave it alone until the truck is running / driving, nice choice on the wheels, that's a neat looking truck.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

looks like you need to move the front wheels forward a few inches? Neat truck, like you said, it needs lots of work!
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Wrong motor. It needs a BBM or maybe a modern Hemi - MOPARS need MOPARS! (Sorry - I'm kinda nutty about Fords in Fords, Buicks in Buicks, Mercedes in Chevys, etc.).

Dan

Comment

Wrong motor. It needs a BBM or maybe a modern Hemi - MOPARS need MOPARS! (Sorry - I'm kinda nutty about Fords in Fords, Buicks in Buicks, Mercedes in Chevys, etc.).

Dan
                        Ya one of the reasons I picked it up was cause it already had the SBC figured I could get running cheap since I have a ton of parts, but between the goo inside the engine and getting a smoking deal on the 5.3 I went that route. I would of went the mopar route if it had still been unmolested.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin View Post

Ya one of the reasons I picked it up was cause it already had the SBC figured I could get running cheap since I have a ton of parts, but between the goo inside the engine and getting a smoking deal on the 5.3 I went that route. I would of went the mopar route if it had still been unmolested.
                          Did you miss the "Mercedes in Chevys" part? I was teasing you! I'm always putting something weird in whatever. Though I WOULD put some kind of MOPAR in it if it was mine. HMmmmm - maybe a Cummins ISB?

Dan

Comment

Did you miss the "Mercedes in Chevys" part? I was teasing you! I'm always putting something weird in whatever. Though I WOULD put some kind of MOPAR in it if it was mine. HMmmmm - maybe a Cummins ISB?

Dan
                            lol actually I did miss that, got the teasing tho........did I mention the turbo on the 5.3 down the road at some point

Comment

This is what the Enderle EFI project is going on

Last edited by Cruisin; January 5, 2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X