No announcement yet.

Good Grief! "Charlie Brown" 1972 Buick Skylark Custom convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I'm using a friend's lift, I wanted to do as much preassembly before tearing the whole front end apart. I preinstalled the Delrin bushings and ball joints on the A arms.

Comment

We got to work on the front a couple of weeks ago. Doing all the preassembly saved a lot of time. I scrubbed and painted the frame with the components off.

Comment

Since I had to tear the front apart to install the Street Grip kit, I changed over the brakes from power drums to power disc. I had caliper brackets and backing plates left over from my Nova project so I cleaned them up and reused them and bought the remainding parts. If I had it to do over again, I would buy a kit with everything included; much cheaper!

Comment

The Street Grip kit was a pretty straight forward installation with the only modification necessary was the shock absorber holes in the lower A arms. They were too small for the larger aluminum Fox shocks in the kit. Also, I purchased a GM A body front end hardware kit from a source on V8buick.com with had all of the hardware bagged and identified. Plus it was zinc plated automotive fasteners, not some bolts from a hardware store.

Comment

Lookin' good! Please keep the pics coming.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X