No announcement yet.

Spaceman Spiff's winter beater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impala SS hood/grille, and trunk lid. i'll be painting the bumpers next.

58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

seriously - fantastic, but way way way beyond any beaters I've ever had -- can I send you my beater for such upgrades? WELL DONE (is it rust proofed?)
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

That looks great but there was something endearing about the sleeper look before.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          seriously - fantastic, but way way way beyond any beaters I've ever had -- can I send you my beater for such upgrades? WELL DONE (is it rust proofed?)
          inner
          the chassis/frame/wheel wells all get hosed down with cans of fluid film before winter. even under the hood, core support, inner fenders, cowl area etc.
          i also try to spray the insides of the frame as best i can, and even take off the outer rocker covers and they get coated as well.
          i bought a galloon of fluid film, going to get a cheap spay gun, and borrow a friends lift and see how it is, if it doesn't turn out good, i'll use the cans, i buy it by the case.
          58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
            That looks great but there was something endearing about the sleeper look before.
            the studded snows go back on for winter. nothing sleeper about this one. i'm resisting the performance/go fast bug with this car.

Comment

I remember when my dad had one of these as his Police car. As a 10yr old I thought it was one of the fastest cars in town lol. I have a lot of good memories riding in it with him and turning on the lights and sirens when he would get home from work.
              CHECK US OUT AT:
              www.ridetech.com

Comment

did a quickie spray of the faded bumpers, and to get rid of the chrome strip.

Comment

added smoked headlights. i've been driving this car so much, i haven't touched the Impala SS in over a month. my "winter beater" has become my primary driver.
                  do i have a problem? Is there a support group?

Comment

Looks way too nice for a Jersey winter . That sir is a everyday that its not wet and salty on the road car . You now need a junky 4x4 to drive during the winter muck days . I put 4x4 in there or else you'd come home with a 454 SS pick up !
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

s-10 ZR2 fits the bill nicely...
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

So what's with the 63 in the garage?

Last edited by Huskinhano; September 6, 2016, 06:02 PM.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

That's dads '63. He's had it since '64.
                          Was a 300hp 327 car.
                          Has had '69 302 in it since '72, built by Carmen Rotunda.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
                            That's dads '63. He's had it since '64.
                            Was a 300hp 327 car.
                            Has had '69 302 in it since '72, built by Carmen Rotunda.
                            Cool! I still remember as a kid going for a ride in my cousin's new 63, 425hp 409. He did a little street racing
                            Last edited by Huskinhano; September 7, 2016, 07:58 PM.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Comment

new carpet, Blazer console and floor shifter.

Comment

Working...
                                X