GasTiresnOil-I’m Baaaack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
    05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Originally posted by stage1scott View Post

Hey Scott, hows the great white north treating you? I bet it's cheaper easier living for sure! Someday I am going to leave this SoCal ratrace behind as well-the balmy weather is nice but the political climate and the expense is tough to take.

I am not sure how far into the great white north I am when I am due east of San Francisco. But, the life is so much slower. Part of it is good. No more two faced back stabbing assholes of Hollywood to deal with, but people around drive me nuts when they drive. Like they have no where to go and all day to get there. Like the police pull people over if they actually drive the speed limit.

I like it here. I like there is no CARB being stupid on a minute to minute basis. I like that everything is cheaper here, by a lot. I like living in a state with the lowest unemployment in the country. I like owning a home for $500/month less than renting that crap box in LA.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

GTO got his dings and dents smoothed this week by Dentlogic in Thousand oaks. As always, Bill is amazing this car had a couple nasty door dings in bad spots but he nailed it as always. Now it is off to Octane Detailing to finish out the surface imperfections. Next up is the rebuilt diff assignment!

Comment

Chris at Octane Detailing suggested someone has washed this car with rocks and razor blades....he should have the paint as perfect as it can be made by tomorrow.
          Last edited by stage1scott; March 6, 2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

ding free and detailed, with the new Kenwood audio installed today by my lead tech Steven. One piece driveshaft due in this week, then on to the rear diff and driveline.

Comment

Finally some progress in the meat n potatoes department! With cosmetics out of the way, tunes dialed in it is on to the mechanicals. Rebuilt diff with new detroit tru trac installed went in today along with an aluminum one piece driveshaft. I am happy to report all diff whine is gone as well as several clunks from the driveline. Added a "no tramp" rear diff mount from down under and observed the rear trans seal leak appears to be a result of a nasty wear scored on the original yoke. Noticed an oil leak while down there, possibly a rear main seal, giving me the future excuse to pull the trans and slip that 3600 converter in there. or not....

Comment

I plan to buy one for my next DD, just more of a blender color. Saw a black one the other day, damn it looked sweet! I'll be watching your upgrades.
                Last edited by ratpatrol66; March 10, 2016, 01:21 AM.

Comment

and exhaust.....

Comment

Wow! Purty!
                    I like mine separated.... Guess there is less room under a GTO vs a dualie crew?

Comment

Chris at Octane Detailing suggested someone has washed this car with rocks and razor blades....he should have the paint as perfect as it can be made by tomorrow.

Have you seen the brushes used in half the car washes in LA?
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hey Scott, hows the great white north treating you? I bet it's cheaper easier living for sure! Someday I am going to leave this SoCal ratrace behind as well-the balmy weather is nice but the political climate and the expense is tough to take.
                        LOL, in NE PA, I walked into the county sheriff's office got a receipt from my $20 check just as they started my background check for a concealed permit. 2 references and less the 10 minutes good to go! I Just about everyone carries.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

and exhaust.....

How does it sound with the new exhaust? looks great.

Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Gas Tires N Oil continues to provide great fun and is a killer road car. I updated the sway bars with the biggest bars available from Hotchkiss along with 18x9.5 rear and 18x8 front wheels with soft rubber-took a drive down PCH/hwy 1 from Monterey to home in December and man what a difference! The new wife drove it a few hundred miles on that trip-started out WHY do you even like this car? The steering is heavy, the brakes are high effort, you cant see well out of it. THEN she passed 5 cars on a stretch-50 to 105 mph in 5 car lengths-had a giant grin and said “OH! I get it!”

One trip to the track on drag radials finished off the Australian sourced diff mount and the new pinion bearings. Sigh. A new set of brgs and the stock mount back in keeps it quiet and on the road. 12.80/105 just as when they were new on good tires-engine remains 100% stock and it just turned over 110k.

Comment

they are a fun car. welcome back!
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X